PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C253 DF-611 Jams

Custom Search

johva
07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
We have two Konica Minolta C253 that both have the same odd DF-611 jam problem. Single page DF Scan will jam with about 3 inches of the original showing on DF-611 exit. If we Scan 2 documents page one scans with no problem but page 2 will jam. A three page scan will produce the same results, page 1 & 2 will exit flawlessly but page three will jam. It is always the last page that will jam on exit no matter how many pages are fed into the doc feeder. We replaced doc feeds from working machines in our inventory with no success. We also updated firmware. Any ideas what can cause this problem. Please advise. Thank you, Johva.

Shadow
07-08-2013, 06:29 PM
what is the jam code?
check the code and then inspect the sensor before and after the given location.
what is the condition of the feed rollers and mylars?
have you done firmware updates?

just some points to check.

Darren King
07-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Sounds like the actuator at the DF entrance is sticking. I have seen them get bent and not move freely. Or the actuator will come out of its holders under the top cover.
Hope this helps.
Darren

fixthecopier
07-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Sounds like the actuator at the DF entrance is sticking. I have seen them get bent and not move freely. Or the actuator will come out of its holders under the top cover.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Darren is correct. That entrance actuator is sticking. Been there before.

JustManuals
07-08-2013, 09:52 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

johva
07-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Shadow: There is no jam code, feed rollers and mylar are all good. Firmware update has been performed. We will check sensors next and see if our problem goes away. Thanks, Johva.

what is the jam code?
check the code and then inspect the sensor before and after the given location.
what is the condition of the feed rollers and mylars?
have you done firmware updates?

just some points to check.

johva
07-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Darren: The actuator is hanging freely with no binds. We will inspect it further when we take it apart to physically inspect the sensors. Thank you, Johva.

blackcat4866
07-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Check that the flag is setting in the holders in the frame, and that the torsion spring is still there.

When there is an original jam, certain users leave the lid closed and yank backwards, against the feed direction of the paper. The switch flag is levered up, and pops out of it's holder.

I recommend to my users to first: open the lid; second: don't yank; third: whenever possible remove paper in the normal direction of travel, not against direction of travel.
=^..^=

princef18
07-09-2013, 08:25 AM
There is a possibility the feed sensor is faulty and it is reading as papers still present. You might want to clean it or replace it if you have a spare one.

Also check to see if the actuator spring is in its position. I had a situation where the spring was displaced and the duplex scanning would bring jams.

MVPunisher
07-09-2013, 01:23 PM
I would have to agree this is some sort of feed sensor/actuator issue. After all originals are being fed it still thinks there is another one there and tries to feed again, stopping the machine when the paper does not reach the next sensor.

avecosat
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Look this bulletin nš 6687 from 1 / 09 / 08 I have a lot of them modificated .

blackcat4866
07-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Look this bulletin nš 6687 from 1 / 09 / 08 I have a lot of them modificated .

Wow. I learned a new word today. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
07-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Sometimes playing with the sep assembly spring makes all the difference, there are three spots. Also the primary one way (clutch) is the same as used I the 200 series feed units, they will slip

johva
07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your input. We had a service call with the same problem machine #3 and was able to fix a binding actuator # 9J07320101. It works fine. We removed a DF611 from a working C253 and installed it on the C253 with the doc feed jam problem. No joy, it's still jamming. Are we going around in circles? What I mean is that if we install a working doc feeder should we update firmware and apply all the ADF adjustments in Tech Rep Mode before we can expect it to work. Never had to go through all the adjustments on previous models. Please advise. Johva.

fixthecopier
07-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your input. We had a service call with the same problem machine #3 and was able to fix a binding actuator # 9J07320101. It works fine. We removed a DF611 from a working C253 and installed it on the C253 with the doc feed jam problem. No joy, it's still jamming. Are we going around in circles? What I mean is that if we install a working doc feeder should we update firmware and apply all the ADF adjustments in Tech Rep Mode before we can expect it to work. Never had to go through all the adjustments on previous models. Please advise. Johva.

If you swapped the doc feeders and have the exact same jam, I would look at bosrds.

johva
07-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Problem solved. After all the time we spent on this bizhib C253 swapped DF-611's 2X, replaced the PRCB still no improvement. We went back to square one. Can't be doc feeder, the boards are OK. We unplugged the ADF and checked the wiring and one of the pins on the female plug was disconnected. Put it back together and now we have a working doc feeder. I want to thank all you guys for your input. Sometimes we miss the most obvious. Thanks again, Johva.

Hansoon
07-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the feed back.

one of the pins on the female plug was disconnected.

Wire came of the pin or did the pin slip out of position?

Hans

johva
07-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Pin slipped out of position.

fixthecopier
07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Pin slipped out of position.

Wow, I forgot about that. That was a common problem on the 2510's.

Custom Search