PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for the Braindamaged?

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Digging in the Solutions List for an unrelated question I found this gem:

"Solution ID TAUS1200522EN*
Solution Usage
Description
Toner Low, Toner Life End or Replace Toner message is displayed on the control panel of the machine.
Solution
CAUSE: Toner supply is low or has been depleted.
SOLUTION: Replace the TNP24 Toner Cartridge - Black (Item #A32W011).
Notes :
1. Toner cartridge print yield is approximately 8,000 Letter-size single-sided pages at 5% coverage.
2. To order replacement toner, visit our website at www.shopkonicaminolta.us (http://www.shopkonicaminolta.us) or call our supply line at 800-972-6705.
3.For instructions regarding how to replace the toner cartridge, please refer to the attached instructions."

Wow, that is a brilliant solution and a great help for us techs. Glad I read this. Next time when its says "Toner Empty" I'll know exactly what to do and where to get that toner. Still hoping though for that instruction how to replace the toner all by myself......

Hans

EarthKmTech
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Being the United Litigious States of America I'm surprised there isn't a warning in the bulletin stating that there's a slight chance of getting toner onto your clothing and or a risk of personal injury closing the front door if your pants are down as a precautionary measure.

emujo
07-09-2013, 01:26 PM
My fav is the bulletin with a PDF link on it that says "this link will not work if viewing on a paper". Someone must have called the support center and complained that the link didn't work on their hard copy of the doc. Emujo

1FRY1
07-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Is there a similar reply to a out of paper message?

Hansoon
07-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Is there a similar reply to a out of paper message?

You think we simple techs can handle an out of paper situation? Does the name of the paper manufacturer must face up or face down when inserting the ream of paper in the cassette?

Hans

fixthecopier
07-13-2013, 02:29 PM
A through tech never leaves any stone unturned. Those messages may have more than one meaning. "place originals in document feeder?" ..."Not til I check with the manufacturer"

Then I remembered, some techs are just end users with a different job. And let us remember who the end users are... On Monday, I went to a call for copier not working. Found paper misloaded in both trays. As I am leaving, guy points to HP 4700 and ask if I know how to put a belt in. "Well duh", I ask if they needed one, and they said they already bought one, but didn't feel comfortable putting it in. I put it in and left my card, sensing a lot of future business.

Custom Search