PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Web Hosted Email

Custom Search

emujo
07-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone having issues with webhosted email on the newer 4 series KMs? Replaced a C452 and a C360 with a C654 and C364e and immediately started getting "Server Connect" errors. Tried using ip address versus name, no difference. No authentication in use. Standard ports. If customer attempts to email, MFP will error out, 2nd and subsequent attempts work fine. If you wait more than 5 min, cycle repeats..1st attempt fails, 2nd and subsequent work. No issues on the older MFPs. TIA Emujo

Mr Spock
07-10-2013, 02:19 AM
hook up laptop and ping -t the ip address and see if the time changes drastically. If so then it is either the customer network or web hosting company.

emujo
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Just an update...not a webhosted email provider, it's exchange 2010..I've tried the following...
Create exchange account and used those credentials at the MFP.. " server connect error"
SMTP over SSL port 465..same error
Start TLS port 587..same error
Authentication on using port 25...same error
Customer verified that relays had been established for both IP addresses. With authentication off MFP will send mail, but again, after several min of idle, the 1st scan attempt will fail with "server connect" error, subsequent scans work fine.
Tried NTLM 1/2
Turned off all unnecessary protocols
Customer says that when relays are off and MFP is authenticating the exchange log shows "authentication accepted, but permissions invalid (or something to that effect, I'm no exchange expert)

Pinged SMTP server -t no reply under 2 MS for over 5 min.
Tried IP address versus host name.. MFP can ping "Google.com" so I'm certain DNS isn't a problem
Tried domain\username, username@domain.com, domain name in SMTP settings

The only difference is the older MFPs were replaced with 4 series boxes.. There must be a setting or protocol I'm missing on the new series, but I am at a loss. Any ideas would be great...EMujo

Mr Spock
07-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Have their IT read this and see if it helps. It may also be ip or mac address change that needs to be added to the relay connector.

Exchange 2010 Relay Permissions « more2know.nl (http://www.more2know.nl/2010/11/03/exchange-2010-relay-permissions/)

TheOwl
07-12-2013, 03:38 AM
Don't worry, you aren't going insane.

I have had a few sites do the same thing to me as well and to this point, I think it is a firmware issue as we upgraded a couple of newer C754e machines and the issue was no longer present.

As for Exchange:

This isn't going to solve the first scan failing issue.

emujo
07-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Solved...customer had improperly configured the relay connectors..not being an exchange expert, and taking the customer at their word that it was correct, my support exchange expert found the problem..He was baffled that the old MFPs worked w/o the same issues. Emujo

Mr Spock
07-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Who is your exchange expert? I may need to call him sometime.

Custom Search