PDA

View Full Version : C353 install on Chromebook

Custom Search

habik
07-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Any apps for this? Direct Print or any similar way other than print to a shared printer on network?

emujo
07-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Not sure what chromebook is, but KM offers Pagescope Mobile...App for android/ipad to print/scan to and from KM devices. MFPs must be available via the wireless network. Pretty simple to install and use. Emujo

jotunn
07-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I think there will be a problem with direct printing from Chromebook, however printing should be possible through Google Cloud Print.

Printer setup:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en

wseyller
07-10-2013, 02:58 AM
I think there will be a problem with direct printing from Chromebook, however printing should be possible through Google Cloud Print.

Printer setup:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en

Yeah this is your best option. You have to share your printer with Google cloud print. Pagescope mobile won't work because android apps are incompatible with chrome os.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

habik
07-10-2013, 06:22 PM
So effectively it has to be shared. Meh ..the thing is it requires drivers and Chromebook has its own OS :( not windows or mac :) Just chrome :)

and C353 isn't Cloud ready..

Initially I thought to save docs as pdf and print direct through Page scope DIRECT PRINT then the stupid compatibility with IE only ..grrrrrr

Ubuntu app or something...I know nothing about these Chromebooks whatsoever .. Just that they are made by Samsung with Chrome OS :) lol

Great for browsing though...quick!!:cool:

jotunn
07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Try solution from my earlier post - there is a point about connecting classic (not cloud ready) printer. But I don't know how does it work in real life - theory looks beautiful (as always), all printers you can install on PC or Mac can be used for cloud printing.

habik
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Try solution from my earlier post - there is a point about connecting classic (not cloud ready) printer. But I don't know how does it work in real life - theory looks beautiful (as always), all printers you can install on PC or Mac can be used for cloud printing.

That would for sure require at least one PC to run non stop for the Sharing bit. and as they haven't got server...

It was just a mere question if it is possible if there is app for Chrome available or not... it is not a big issue...customer is OK with not printing from the Chromebook...

I just like to finish and do the MAX...even if it is almost impossible :)

Thanks for all suggestions... I may try someting when I am next time around and have a little play with it.

ALL the Best to all of you.

Custom Search