PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 6500 bizhub fiery Problems

Custom Search

Cookr
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Running a 6500 with a fiery model: Fiery X3eTY2-10 was and has been running fine but yesturday i was running machine and we lost power and then again lost power about three mins later after i cleared all jams resarted all seemed fine but i didnt notice that the fiery was not connected I have tried restarting it with the switch right on the fiery it seems to boot ok then it reads FF on the lcd screen and just stays there and does not connect to the machine nor can i connect to it through command work station. help please!!:confused:

dach78
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Installing system software for fiery

DigiMan
07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Reinstall software as mentioned above and be patient its a long procedure :D

princef18
07-11-2013, 09:42 AM
You will have to re-install the Fiery System Software. Its a long procedure almost 2hours. :p

Cookr
07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I have reinstalled software and set up fiery and i can connect to it through command work station but when i print something it goes through and all seams well and even says its been printed but nothing comes out??? any ideas thanks

princef18
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I have reinstalled software and set up fiery and i can connect to it through command work station but when i print something it goes through and all seams well and even says its been printed but nothing comes out??? any ideas thanks

Check the printed job list. There should be an error message. Probably something to do with configuration. You might also want to connect to the Fiery remotely using remote desktop connection. When you send a job, the fiery bar should be able to give you a hint of the problem.

Cookr
07-12-2013, 05:37 PM
There are no errors it acts as if everything is fine when i send a job it on the CWS screen goes to processing to printing to printed and there are no errors of any kind and also i just tried printing a PS test page from the controller screen and it then starts a 5 min countdown and says to load 8.5x11 in any valid tray?? but no option to print it on the machine screen such as the detail check button that you would hit and choose a tray. I have even for the hell of it reinstalled it again but same thing:mad:

Rocini.jr
07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
There are no errors it acts as if everything is fine when i send a job it on the CWS screen goes to processing to printing to printed and there are no errors of any kind and also i just tried printing a PS test page from the controller screen and it then starts a 5 min countdown and says to load 8.5x11 in any valid tray?? but no option to print it on the machine screen such as the detail check button that you would hit and choose a tray. I have even for the hell of it reinstalled it again but same thing:mad:

Hello Cookr....

If I remember, this happens cause the default Fiery configuration... You have two specs for default kind of paper to run internal pages, like configurations page, PS, PCL, etc... One is metrics and another is inches. Any page sent to or through the Fiery, without paper size specification will be assumed as the Fiery's default.
You need to change this (if this machine allow) through the panel or try to access the RIP using a browser (the rip ip on the http address). I saw this rip a long time ago, but I think you can access it using a browser as a default for it (the web services is supposed to be enabled).

Cookr
07-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello Cookr....

If I remember, this happens cause the default Fiery configuration... You have two specs for default kind of paper to run internal pages, like configurations page, PS, PCL, etc... One is metrics and another is inches. Any page sent to or through the Fiery, without paper size specification will be assumed as the Fiery's default.
You need to change this (if this machine allow) through the panel or try to access the RIP using a browser (the rip ip on the http address). I saw this rip a long time ago, but I think you can access it using a browser as a default for it (the web services is supposed to be enabled).

OK ill see if i can figure that out but its more then just the internal pages even when i send work from a computer it just says its been printed but there is nothing there

princef18
07-13-2013, 07:35 AM

After re-installing the software, you need to connect it using the web connection --> WebTools --> configure --> Launch configure

There are a few things to setup there. You might want to check that out. Its possible some default configuration is preventing the jobs from printing out.
As for the start page, you will want to disable it.

Hope this helps.

Custom Search