PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous konica c550 slow printing PDF

Custom Search

acsolutions
07-10-2013, 12:14 AM
customer has a c550 and printing 3 pages pdf takes two minutes to print! The machine worked fine up to a couple weeks ago. printing anything else will print right away just PDF's. I hooked up my laptop with with crossover and and ran a 50 page document with no problem. I didn't see a problem with any of the settings on the machine. Customer just installed a full version of adobe acrobat. I'm using reader 9. I see postings that say use pcl5, but I cant seem to find it. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

Mr Spock
07-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Adobe 10 and newer will do that. Use an alternate pdf reader or go back to 9. Newer is not always better.

acsolutions
07-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Adobe 10 and newer will do that. Use an alternate pdf reader or go back to 9. Newer is not always better.

I recommended that to the customer. it's kind of a big financial firm and the IT manager has issues with that he wants a work around! he says the Kyocera will do it! They are using the full version of adobe acrobat XI (11) not reader!

emujo
07-10-2013, 04:57 PM
You can try a few things, try changing the spool settings so the workstation sends each page instead of processing the entire job before sending, change to the PS driver, and finally, try using the "universal" driver. It seems to work better than the latest C650 released driver. Also, I would open the print queue and monitor the process to see where the slow down is happening...you may see "flattening" screens, and you may see the job processing in the queue going from 3-4 mb up to an enormous size as it processes. Once you see the spooler window finish, that's when the job is really hitting the MFP. From this point it should go fairly quick. Emujo

Custom Search