PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C352 missing tab (Network Setting)

Custom Search

goldencup
07-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi, i have a machine bizhub C352 and i was planning to configure the printer but when i do the following:

Utility >
Administrator Setting >
12345678 >
5.] Network Setting <--- This tab is missing
i cannot access the TCP/IP Setting :(

also i've noticed that
9.] Security Setting <----tab is also missing...
which i cannot access:
7.] Management Function Setting >
3.] Network Function Setting

is there an adjustment to be made? software switch maybe?
thank you very much

Mitch Barron
07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I know on the 280s/220s if you fire the machine up, during initialization it will not show those options. Turn the machine on and let it run for a couple minutes until it stabilizes. Then check. Just a thought. Let us know what you figure out.

blackcat4866
07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I know on the 280s/220s if you fire the machine up, during initialization it will not show those options. Turn the machine on and let it run for a couple minutes until it stabilizes. Then check. Just a thought. Let us know what you figure out.

Ditto that. Wait a few minutes. Sometimes I've had to re-boot the MFP a couple times to get all the buttons to appear.

If you know the current IP, just connect to your laptop via crossover, then make your changes on the web page. =^..^=

goldencup
07-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the replies, i'll try to configure it via web interface. I did turn off and on the machine couple of times and also let the machine on couple of minutes (...and hours also) :D

RRodgers
07-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Yep as mentioned above the "network" portion of the machine does take a while to boot. Often times customers will reboot the machine because there is a problem and then want to try and print again (or scan) just as soon as the screen comes to ready, then complain that it's not working. Often times I tell them it's just like Window's... even those you see the screen you really can't do anything you have to wait a few mins. They usually understand that and will wait.
GL

copier addict
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
You may need to do a NIC recovery using the recovery tool provided by KonMin. 20070301_9J06-F000-Gcn-G4-000(00)_CHECKSUM-66AA.EXE

goldencup
07-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Still no luck on the problem, i can't even access the web interface via laptop using crosswire. By the way, when said about NIC recovery, do you mean replacing firmware? I think i have the firmware but i don't have the procedure, (is it the same procedure as bizhub C250?) Thank you very much.

copier addict
07-16-2013, 02:49 AM
If you have the NIC recovery firmware, you need to load it onto a compact flash card. Turn off the machine, insert card. Turn on machine while holding the clear key. Then follow instructions on screen.
Hope this helps.

JR2ALTA
07-16-2013, 04:21 AM
Probably NVRAM.

Konica Boards are made my Mattel.

rbridges
12-29-2014, 05:41 PM
If you have the NIC recovery firmware, you need to load it onto a compact flash card. Turn off the machine, insert card. Turn on machine while holding the clear key. Then follow instructions on screen.
Hope this helps.

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I thought somebody might still be around to help.

I'm in the same situation. I have a C352 with missing network settings tab. I've tried to use the nic recovery firmware on several compact flash cards but every time it just says invalid card.

Can anyone recommend a 100% compatible card?

I've heard the following cards may be compatible:
Sandisk Ultra 2 256mb
Sandisk Shoot & Store 128mb

Also I wiped the cards using a hex editor prior to writing the firmware with the advanced toolkit, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks Rob.

allan
12-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Leave the network cable unpluged then see if it apears. there is a nic initilize function.

rbridges
12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Leave the network cable unpluged then see if it apears. there is a nic initilize function.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried just about everything already. The copier was working fine before I set some network settings incorrectly (dhcp off, auto-ip off). I've left the copier more than long enough to see if the tab reappears. I just need those settings reversed.

The nic initialize function is exactly what I need but getting it to work with a compact flash card is proving difficult. Also the copier can not be pinged so pagescope utilities are no good.

Thanks Rob.

allan
12-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Found this in C352 manual, changing the controler type to 1 and back to zero should clear the settings.

4. Checking the image controller setting
• Whenever the controller is mounted, it is necessary to select “Controller 0” in [Image
Controller Setting].
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch [System 2].
3. Check that “Controller 0” is selected in [Image Controller Setting].
NOTE
• If the setting is changed, be sure to turn OFF the main power switch and turn it ON
again more than 10 seconds after. The change of the setting becomes valid when
the main power switch is turned OFF and ON after the appropriate change has
been made on the panel.
A. Note on returning the setting from “Controller 1” to “Controller 0.”
• Selecting “Controller 0” will initialize the following settings made while “Controller 1” was
selected. Reset the following items as necessary when using the internal standard controller.
<Control panel on the machine>
• Setting items included in [Network Setting] available from [Administrator Setting].
(Except [Status Notification Setting] and [Prefix/Suffix Setting] available from the following
setting. [Administrator Setting] - [Network Setting] - [Detail Setting].)
• [Administrator Setting]-[User Authentication/Account Track]-[General Settings]-[External
Server]
• [Administrator Setting]-[System Connection]-[OpenAPI Setting]
• Mailbox Destination (scan)
• Information on the original specified by the Program Destination
• [User Setting] → [Initial Setting] → [Scan]
<PageScope Web Connection>
• SSL/TLS

rbridges
12-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Found this in C352 manual, changing the controler type to 1 and back to zero should clear the settings.

4. Checking the image controller setting
• Whenever the controller is mounted, it is necessary to select “Controller 0” in [Image
Controller Setting].
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch [System 2].
3. Check that “Controller 0” is selected in [Image Controller Setting].
NOTE
• If the setting is changed, be sure to turn OFF the main power switch and turn it ON
again more than 10 seconds after. The change of the setting becomes valid when
the main power switch is turned OFF and ON after the appropriate change has
been made on the panel.
A. Note on returning the setting from “Controller 1” to “Controller 0.”
• Selecting “Controller 0” will initialize the following settings made while “Controller 1” was
selected. Reset the following items as necessary when using the internal standard controller.
<Control panel on the machine>
• Setting items included in [Network Setting] available from [Administrator Setting].
(Except [Status Notification Setting] and [Prefix/Suffix Setting] available from the following
setting. [Administrator Setting] - [Network Setting] - [Detail Setting].)
• [Administrator Setting]-[User Authentication/Account Track]-[General Settings]-[External
Server]
• [Administrator Setting]-[System Connection]-[OpenAPI Setting]
• Mailbox Destination (scan)
• Information on the original specified by the Program Destination
• [User Setting] → [Initial Setting] → [Scan]
<PageScope Web Connection>
• SSL/TLS

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Sadly for some unknown reason the image controller settings tab is also missing. I should point out that the linux install on the fiery fails to boot and just hangs on decompressing linux. I have removed the fiery and should set image controller to 0 but the setting is not available.

Do you think that if I reinstalled the fiery the image controller setting would reappear? It does sound like if image controller is set to 0 the network settings will initialize.

After reading the bizhub c352 security operations manual I came across the overwrite all data function within the HDD settings menu (administrator setting/security setting/HDD setting). As well as securely wiping the hard drive it also clears all currently set network settings. Useful for when your machine is sold on or reaches the end of its lease.

The only problem is with my machine it doesn't currently have a hard drive installed. Do you think its worth fitting one to obtain the overwrite all data option?

Thanks Rob.

allan
12-31-2014, 05:03 PM
that is funny. try that nothing to loose. So you cant print the couter page or do demo page?

rbridges
12-31-2014, 10:13 PM
that is funny. try that nothing to loose. So you cant print the couter page or do demo page?

I can print the config page and use as a standalone copier. It prints just fine. I'll try adding a hard drive and using the overwrite all data function.

tech51
01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Found this, might be worth a try?

blackcat4866
01-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Pardon me for noticing, but is there a solution in that paragraph? All I saw were diagnostics. =^..^=

tech51
01-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Without being overly pedantic its just after the word solution!
Its telling you to manually set an ip address using the ARP command (in dos) and then check that its set, again using the ARP command.
In the olden times the ARP command was used a lot to get devices to assign ip addresses to a particular MAC address.
Follow the instructions but substituting the mac address of the mfp (as printed on the config page), and then the ip address you want.
It may work, it may not. But its worth a try..

rbridges
01-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Without being overly pedantic its just after the word solution!
Its telling you to manually set an ip address using the ARP command (in dos) and then check that its set, again using the ARP command.
In the olden times the ARP command was used a lot to get devices to assign ip addresses to a particular MAC address.
Follow the instructions but substituting the mac address of the mfp (as printed on the config page), and then the ip address you want.
It may work, it may not. But its worth a try..

Hi,

** Problem Solved **

Thanks to tech51 for his suggestion. I had already tried arp and ping but for some reason the arp command to assign an ip address gave an error code that I can not remember. This time I was successful although I don't know what was different.

Prior to solving the problem the following items were missing from the copiers control panel menus.
Administrator Settings\Network Settings
Service Mode\System 2\Image Controller

The copier couldn't be pinged or seen by the networks switch.

The arp command this time succeeded with no error. The ping command I followed it by this time returned replies. I immediately checked the copier and the missing menu items had reappeared. I managed to setup a static ip, the subnet mask and the default gateway without any problems after a reboot.

Thanks Rob.

EarthKmTech
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Regarding CF cards, I have always used 128 & 256mb kodak brand cf cards prepared with the firmware imaging toolkit without any issues, ever. (I never work on cf card machines anymore though)

Back in the day I bought a couple dozen of them on ebay for next to nothing, new old stock. They are harder to find these days though.

CF Card 128 MB Kodak Compact Flash | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CF-Card-128-MB-Kodak-Compact-Flash-/281552156617?pt=Digital_Camera_Memory_Cards&hash=item418dd0f7c9)

these are the ones ive used for years and never had any issues.

Custom Search