PDA

View Full Version : C364e

Custom Search

support@itecgroup.com
07-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi,

We seem to have problems updating the F/W of the C364e range machine's.

We are using USB memory stick, but machine does not boot up in the update screen.

I have tried numerous "folder structure" ways.

Do anyone have the correct procedure for me?

Regards

kingarthur
07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi,

We seem to have problems updating the F/W of the C364e range machine's.

We are using USB memory stick, but machine does not boot up in the update screen.

I have tried numerous "folder structure" ways.

Do anyone have the correct procedure for me?

Regards

Are you using the correct USB port, the one hidden behind the metal plate

support@itecgroup.com
07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes, I am using the service port.

Gaffers01
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
What about trying a different USB stick. I have had this problem with different models of KM machines.

support@itecgroup.com
07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Have tried different sticks, and updated a C364 with the same stick after the issues with the C364e. Know that they use different versions.

Mitch Barron
07-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Have you tried another firmware?/have the right firmware?/Unzipped, zipped? I have also had machines jump service mode for not recognizing the data.....I have the most recent here when you need it. Give me a shout if i can help.

support@itecgroup.com
07-12-2013, 01:37 PM
I am using this F/W A5C10Y0-F000-G00-18 .

My question is in what folder struckture mst this be? what must lie in the root of the stick? Maybe Tar.exe or the contend of the cw folder or the contends of A5C10Y0-F000-G00-18?

JustManuals
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Are you using the firmware imaging toolkit?

Paul@justmanuals.com

support@itecgroup.com
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
No im just cpoying to the memory stick 2Gig Fat 32 formatted

Mitch Barron
07-12-2013, 03:51 PM
If you have a .zip then you must unzip the file. Then you are presented with a new folder (not zipped) everything in that folder should be then copied into the root of the usb stick. Meaning when you open the USB for the first time you will see lots of data....no folders. Plug the stick into the service port.....turn the machine on and you are good to go. Should work. I just did a 224e yesterday.

Mitch Barron
07-12-2013, 03:54 PM
As per your firmware I have

Parent Directory (http://decop.ch/Develop-Dealer-Support/FIRMWARE/)

A1610Y0-F000-G20-68-960-CHECKSUM-130A.ZIP (http://decop.ch/Develop-Dealer-Support/FIRMWARE/+224%20series/A1610Y0-F000-G20-68-960-CHECKSUM-130A.ZIP)

Dated January 17 2013.

Let me know if you need it.

Destoned
07-12-2013, 08:29 PM
4.1. How to install program
Use USB memory to install. For the details, see the Service Manual.
Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
- Securities such as data encryption and password lock shall be released, or the security function shall be turned Off.
- Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
- Compatible with USB Version 1.0/2.0 interface
- Formatted with FAT32 type
- A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.
4.2. How to upgrade/downgrade firmware
[Definition of terms]
Function Version 2: Firmware Version ver.Gxx-42 and earlier.
Function Version 2 MR(Maintenance Release) Version: Firmware for Function Version 3 Version ver.Gxx-63 and later.
(There are not enhancement functions of Function Version 3.) “Function
Version2“ has equal functions.
Function Version 3: Firmware for Function Version 3 Version ver.Gxx-63 and later.
About Software Switch Settings
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 20 -> Function Version3
HEX Assignment: 10 -> Function Version2
4.2.1. Upgrade
4.2.1-1. Firmware upgrading procedure from Function Version 2 to Function Version 3.
1. If the Voice Data/Movie Data for Function Version 2 has been already installed, delete it in Service Mode.
2. Install the Firmware for Function Version 3 to MFP.
3. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
4. Change Software Switch Setting to the following in Service Mode.
HEX Assignment: 20
5. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
6. Install Voice Data/Movie Data for Function Version 3 to MFP.
Please upgrade the printer drivers for Function Version 3 if MFP is upgraded to the Firmware for Function Version 3.
Because, the Device Information can not be obtained and other problems may occur. And please also upgrade the
Applications.
4.2.1-2. Firmware upgrading procedure from Function Version 2 to Function Version 2 MR(Maintenance Release) Version.
1. Install the Firmware for Function Version 3 to MFP.
2. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
4.2.1-3 Firmware upgrading procedure from Function Version 2 MR(Maintenance Release) Version to Function Version 3.
1. If the Voice Data/Movie Data for Function Version 2 has been already installed, delete it in Service Mode.
2. Change Software Switch Setting to the following in Service Mode.
HEX Assignment: 20
3. Turn OFF/ON the main switch.
4. Install Voice Data/Movie Data for Function Version 3 to MFP.
Please upgrade the printer drivers for Function Version 3 if MFP is upgraded to Function Version 3.
Because, the Device Information can not be obtained and other problems may occur. And please also upgrade the
Applications.

THIS IS THE PROCEDURE FOR THE LATEST FIRMWARE ONLY F000-G20-63 OUT ON THE 24TH OF JUNE 2013.

Moza
07-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Had the same problem yesterday on a C454e but just seems I was a little impatient.

All you need to do is extract all files to a compatible usb stick, insert into the service slot underneath the plate swich machine on and wait.......and wait.

The machine doesnt look like its doing anything for ages and doesn't even boot properly but eventually you should get the firmware update screen.

Just be patient :)

EarthKmTech
07-12-2013, 11:07 PM
function version 3 firmware is already out for the e series (version 63 onwards) and requires function version 3 drivers to work correctly (when enabled)

everything prior to 63 on the e series is buggy as hell and should be avoided - new installs also shouldnt be using function version 2 drivers as they will just need to be installef again later.

speedtek
07-17-2013, 06:45 PM
I have had zero luck updating any 4-series Bizhubs via USB. I have since started using FTP (Internet ISW) and it works great, once you get a hang of it.

EarthKmTech
07-17-2013, 07:10 PM
I've never had issues on any machine with usb firmware updating.

I suggest once you find a good stick that km's like, stick with it.

I'm still using one that was given to me 4 or 5 years ago, I've tried newer sticks with less than 100% success some machines working others not, even the same model updating from the same previous firmware.

I dont know what I'd do if i lost it..

Custom Search