PDA

View Full Version : bizhub LDAP address lookup with Novell eDirectory

Custom Search

johskar
07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Has anyone tried configuring bizhub machines with address lookup with LDAP against a Novell eDirectory service?
Is it even possible?

Getting it to work against Active Directory LDAP is no problem at all, but can't get it to work with eDirectory and from what I see there is no way of choosing what type of LDAP service it is connecting to as oposed to when configuring a Xerox machine where I can choose whether it's AD, OpenLDAP or Novell...

it seems to connect just fine to the LDAP but nothing the MFC shows no results when you query.
(it is working fine from the Xerox and Softerra LDAP Browser)

Mr Spock
07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Has anyone tried configuring bizhub machines with address lookup with LDAP against a Novell eDirectory service?
Is it even possible?

Getting it to work against Active Directory LDAP is no problem at all, but can't get it to work with eDirectory and from what I see there is no way of choosing what type of LDAP service it is connecting to as oposed to when configuring a Xerox machine where I can choose whether it's AD, OpenLDAP or Novell...

it seems to connect just fine to the LDAP but nothing the MFC shows no results when you query.
(it is working fine from the Xerox and Softerra LDAP Browser)

johskar
07-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Thank you, I'll see if I can get this tested asap.

The document mention some special firmware being used tho.
Not sure how that'll be when this is being configured on bizhub C454E/C554E tho, but we'll see :-)

johskar
07-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Great, worked like a charm localy :-)

However at the customer it tidn't work... good for us they had more than one server in the cluster to test with and it worked with another so got their IT to dig into the problem on their end and now works like a charm there too :cool:

Many Thanks!

Custom Search