PDA

View Full Version : C552 Pagescope password reset

Custom Search

1FRY1
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi

I have a C552 at a Customers and they cannot get into admin mode on the web browser

I have reset it on the machine
Done a Data clear
Formatted the HDD Physical and Logical

Without totally wiping the NVRAM does anyone know how I can reset it

Mr Spock
07-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I believe it is in billing mode of service mode. Check the manual and it will tell you how to do it,

speedtek
07-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Once in service mode hit: Stop, 0, C

There will be an option in there to reset the admin password.

1FRY1
07-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi

Thanks for replying

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that,

I have tried that but it only affects the admin password for machine not web browser.

I am a trained tech and have read the manual but there is mention of changing it in web browser but no mention of resetting it.

EarthKmTech
07-17-2013, 07:19 PM
have you tried connecting a laptop directly to the machine to try it for yourself ?

one would hope its not just something stupid like a web page caching or proxy issue.

emujo
07-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi

Thanks for replying

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that,

I have tried that but it only affects the admin password for machine not web browser.

I am a trained tech and have read the manual but there is mention of changing it in web browser but no mention of resetting it.
Whatever password you use at the LCD to get into the admin mode is the same password used for the web browser. Emujo

1FRY1
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi

Yes I have tried connecting my laptop to it, Still no Luck

I do this so much setting up scanning and such it's just really annoying now

I was thinking about upgrading the firmware but I really don't think it would clear that section.

I have changed the password in Service security mode to something totally different , Machine says Yes web browser says NO, I must admit I have not tried this on another machine so you may be right that it is the same for both which would lead me to the enhanced security mode being turned on and third attempt has locked it out. but I have done the reset for that and double checked it is turned off.

it may be irrelevant soon as I think M/C is coming out.

Thanks all for your suggestions though

And feel free to post more thoughts. :)

EarthKmTech
07-19-2013, 08:11 PM
could try disabling the http services on the machine restarting it and then re-enabling it. Latest firmware can never hurt either (unless a specific firmware is required for a given situation ;) )

B0265
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Check that the setting of sw 25 is matching the fw version.

emujo
10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Had this issue on 2 C364e yesterday, admin password works at control panel, but not via pagescope. Verified firmware at 63 and softswitch 25 at hex 20. Had to set switch 25 back to 10, reflash firmware back to 63 and change switch 25 back to 20. Worked fine after this. BTW changing password in service mode made no difference to web password before firmware reflash. Emujo

1FRY1
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info

The machine was upgraded before I could play anymore.

But a good one for the future!!

emujo
10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
You know, it's funny, many times someone will post something that as you read it you think to yourself, "must be operator error", or "what a moron", and then shortly after you post, you get the same problem out in the field. Emujo

1FRY1
10-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I could take offence to that

But I won't ;-)

Custom Search