PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 Original Size detection problem

Custom Search

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Hey all! Been lurking on these forums since I started doing this copy tech gig (Came from IT related fields). Been with KM for about 6 months now and I have a question about one of my machines.

I have been trying to fix this issue on a C360 that first appeared as "Original Size detected" when closing the ADF. The Machine thinks there is always an 8.5x11 on the glass when there isnt.

I used the handy forum search tool, and SSD database to point me in the right directions, but haven't figured it out yet.

I think its narrowed down to the CCD or the Original Size Detection Sensor, I have tried the Original Size Detection Adj, cleaning the optics, unhooked the ADF to rule out any sensors in it, etc.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, what solution fixed it for you?

Pardon my Newbness, I am new to this field but totally loving it. So much to learn!

Any help would be immense, I plan on going back in the morning to try a few more ideas.

Thanks guys!----Zach

blackcat4866
07-17-2013, 02:16 AM
My first question is: Are you having trouble detecting original size off of the glass, or from the DF?
If you're talking about closing the DF lid, it's probably copying off the glass.

Off the glass:
The original size detection is performed by a couple of black reflective sensors, mounted on elevated metal brackets. I believe the machine I was working on was a bizhub 501, and the enduser had been cleaning optics themselves. The enduser had bent one of the mounting brackets so that they could reach the optics easier. Too bad it couldn't accurately detect original length any more. I'm thinking that the sensor you're having trouble with is the original width sensor.

Also, if the white original matt is missing it will not be able to correctly detect original size.

Keep in mind:
Original size sensors and DF photointerrupters can give false readings when very bright light is shone into the sensor, usually direct sunlight but sometimes bright fluorescent light. The way to check is to close the blinds, and dim the lights, then check original size detection. If it starts working properly, you'll need to find the source of bright light. The solution usually ends up being relocation of the machine. I've had a couple of cases in which removing an overhead fluorescent bulb resolved the issue.
=^..^=

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Hey thanks for the prompt reply!

I'm having the problem off of the original glass size detection. Size detection on the DF-617 is ok. It's definitely an issue with the main body, specifically the scanner, CCD area.

No matter what when I open and close the document feeder, it thinks I have placed an 8.5x11 sheet of paper on the original glass. This happens even when I have disabled and unplugged the Doc Feeder.

I have tried doing so without any lights on, and the issue still occurs. I updated the firmware on it to the latest as well.

I hope i'm making sense, I feel foolish trying to talk printers when im still so new :)

Could a bad CCD or sensor of some sort cause this? I mean its not intermittent or anything, EVERY time The feeder is closed the issue occurs (opening it back up just alittle then closing it before tripping the exposure lamp causes it to go away until the doc feeder is opened up completely again)

Mr Spock
07-17-2013, 03:59 AM
Just fought this on a 363. Replace the ccd was the fix for me. The 363 ( I will have to see if the c360 is the same) uses the ccd in 8 locations to determine the width of the document and one length sensor. So every time the lid closed the ccd saw something and assumed 8 1/2 X 11 on the glass.

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 04:09 AM
That is extremely promising news for me, I got a couple things to try in the morning, if still no dice then ill be ordering a CCD unit for that machine. Is there anything to be careful of replacing the ccd? havent done that one yet...School didnt delve into it too much but the service manual steps are straight forward and fairly simple....Thanks again!

JR2ALTA
07-17-2013, 04:17 AM
CCD is extremely rare and risky.

I don't even understand, the CCD is the camera.

The service mode should have original size adjustments, a test chart calibration, so to speak.

Better yet, get on the phone with Konica first, that why you have a Problem Ticket number. If you screw something up, at least it will be at their recommendation.

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 04:34 AM
I've done all the service mode adjustments listed that could help with my problem to no avail..

My plan is to call Tech Support anyways cause I believe with the CCD I have to have a ticket open for something big like that, you're right.

Thank you

mo0651
07-17-2013, 02:27 PM
does the machine perform image edge erase in service mode ok?

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Machine does Non Image area erase fine, I did it with the lights on, and off, just to see if it would produce a different result.

NRTech
07-17-2013, 03:48 PM
this may or may not help. km machines generally are very prone to this problem. take the glass out and thoroughly clean both sides. don't use any kind of polish that leaves a residue, then perform original size detect setup in service mode. this often works.

solidzdawg
07-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! I just figured it out, the previous tech had the scan area under machine adjustments all the way to 5.7mm cause he was too lazy to fix the crooked adf apparently :)

Anyways I bumped that adjustment way down, reset and the problem has completely went away. Thanks for your help everyone. Now to get everything centered...

blackcat4866
07-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Hansoon
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the feed back.

the previous tech had the scan area under machine adjustments all the way to 5.7mm cause he was too lazy to fix the crooked adf apparently :)

I think he deserves a kick in the ass.....

Hans

solidzdawg
07-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the feed back.

I think he deserves a kick in the ass.....

Hans

He does haha, too bad he transferred from Colorado to Kentucky. My foot doesnt extend that far :( :)

Custom Search