PDA

View Full Version : C351 Major print quality issue with Yellow

Custom Search

realmudd
07-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Hi, I have come to my wits end on this. During test mode for yellow, it showed dark yellow on the top and bottom edge, and everywhere else was an extremely light to non-existent yellow. The print sample was supposed to be dark on the left and fade to light as it goes right, but this is all backwards. The toner is half used, but thinking this was the problem, I installed a brand new one and I got the same result. The IU is 40%-50% used. Any advise will be appreciated. I've attached a copy of the print sample.

Gaffers01
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Replace Y Image unit it looks like its run out of developer.

JustManuals
07-17-2013, 03:48 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blaze2000
07-17-2013, 03:58 PM
If replacing the IU doesn't resolve I would recommend replacing the HV board.

malthus
07-17-2013, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=realmudd;368520]Hi, I have come to my wits end on this. During test mode for yellow, it showed dark yellow on the top and bottom edge, and everywhere else was an extremely light to non-existent yellow. The print sample was supposed to be dark on the left and fade to light as it goes right, but this is all backwards. The toner is half used, but thinking this was the problem, I installed a brand new one and I got the same result. The IU is 40%-50% used. Any advise will be appreciated. I've attached a copy of the print sample.[malthus/QUOTE] bias contact on yellow unit is the the usual fault ,check all contacts and clean ,rerun stabiliser check tcr ,should be about 7 ,don't throw out the old unit there was a problem with image units (yellow) a good while ago which Minolta gave warranty on out of date now ,but u can still use the remaining dev in the unit to top up the old unit .I assume their were p codes regestered

realmudd
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the tips so far. Just wanted to add a few more details in case it makes a difference. The print count, or life, is as follows:
Black: 43,769
Color: 16,776
2 Color: 0
Total: 60,545

Also, all the other colors and tests are just fine.

I'm going to try the other options first, and replace the IU as the last resort. And report back the progress.

Custom Search