PDA

View Full Version : Old di-2510

Custom Search

andyf424
07-17-2013, 07:22 PM
I've got a chargeable customer (not on a service contract) with a Minolta di-2510 that is calling for a drum. I'm not familiar with these machines and can't find the manual on mykonicaminolta.com...... My question is, does the starter (developer) and developing unit also need to be changed. This machine is in an environment where I don't think the care about copy quality, and say they plan on updating their machine soon (that's what they all say) so they want me to "patch it up".

I'd like to have all my ducks in a row when I show up so I don't have to charge them trip/labor fees etc again.

Thanks in advance!

darry1322
07-17-2013, 08:20 PM
On the Di2510 the drum can be replaced without replacing the developer. Just reset the drum count and don't run F8.

EarthKmTech
07-17-2013, 11:36 PM
this machine was the first series to do away with the customer replaceable imaging unit, and if you've worked on the bizhub 350 series you'll barely be able to tell the difference, although most part numbers are different etc.

as already said you don't have to change anything other than the drum at the time of resetting, however it also suffers from the same problem that all machines after it did where by the developer sleeve collars may chew out the drum. If you see such destruction, think very carefully about reusing that developing unit as the new drum may not last very long at all. I've also experienced on the odd occasion malfunction codes when resetting the counter and not changing the drum at all. At one stage I had 3 of these machines personally all running the last and latest available firmware.

JustManuals
07-17-2013, 11:50 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

andyf424
07-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Discussed it with the customer and decided on drum, dev and dev unit. A little more then they want to spend but, that's life.

Thanks again guys.

copier addict
07-19-2013, 05:36 PM
The dev units on the Di2510 series are pretty solid. I have never had to replace the spacer rollers. If the copy count is under 300,000 you likey don't have to replace it. Just the drum and starter.

andyf424
07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Well over 300k and hasn't been serviced since 2010. This machine is in severe disrepair.....

EarthKmTech
07-19-2013, 08:32 PM
id throw in a transfer roller too ;)

also, dont be surprised if the upper fuser roller is screwed, but the machine will still operate regardless, just may have the odd thin black line.

andyf424
07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Put the dev unit and drum in it, and copy quality was great. About to leave and it starts coding out for a fan motor..... This machine is in a facility where they cut granite for counter tops and there was granite dust caked in the fan and filter. Bearings in fan were shot so I swapped it out.

Haven't heard back from them so, fingers crossed, it's running ok now.:rolleyes:

Custom Search