PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C20 faded band on copies/prints

Custom Search

cwharrington
07-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Getting a faded band on copies/prints. Image formation is good on transfer belt however when it is transferd to the page it has a 2" faded band just off of centre running parallel to the feed direction. Only physical thing I see is a white band around the middle of the transfer roller.

wseyller
07-18-2013, 01:46 AM
So is it printing light in the 2 inch area? You say image formation on belt is good. So if the toner is not fully transferring to the paper in the 2 inch area then sounds like the transfer roller does not properly apply charge to the paper. Replace the transfer roller.

Unless you upload a test print here it is hard for us to give the best advice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SmellsHot
07-18-2013, 01:53 AM
clean print head window

Dougtech
07-18-2013, 06:28 AM
I agree - most faded bands are dirty laser window/glass. a tell-tale sign to me is that the faded area has clean sharp edges, not fuzzy like when developer roller gets a faint stripe from some sort of debris by mag roller.

But if image is great on transfer belt that rules that out. Did you stop image on paper before fuser? How does that look? If band is there I agree that you need new transfer roller.

Hansoon
07-18-2013, 07:33 AM
But if image is great on transfer belt that rules that out.

Often hard to see on the dark surface. My 1st guess would be too the laser window(s).

Hans

cwharrington
07-18-2013, 05:08 PM
So is it printing light in the 2 inch area? You say image formation on belt is good. So if the toner is not fully transferring to the paper in the 2 inch area then sounds like the transfer roller does not properly apply charge to the paper. Replace the transfer roller.

Unless you upload a test print here it is hard for us to give the best advice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes this was my first guess, just wanted to get other opinions to confirm this. Thank you all for your help, will give it a try.

Custom Search