PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 Maintenance

Custom Search

solidzdawg
07-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey all, was wondering if someone with experience taking care of those dreaded 601s can answer this....

I got about ten of them at the college im assigned, and their counts are between 500k to 1.5 million.

I ordered PM kits, fusing upper and lower rollers (cause their all hammered from what ive seen), drum, developer.

Is there anything else I should cover with those counts above? All I have to go by is the manual. Anything to look for or watch out for?

Thank you!

-Zach

blackcat4866
07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Same as you, I stayed with the service schedule as outlined in the manual, and did fine. =^..^=

tech51
07-18-2013, 06:07 PM
You will need lots of feed tyres! I would also carry a transfer/separation corona, a de curl roller and four bearings for the fuser. Other than that they are not a bad machine as long as you vacuum them every call and don't let drums or devs go over life.

copier addict
07-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Like tech51 says, better have a good vacuum, you will need it a lot. Since we got rid of all of this series of machines I can't remember the last time I needed my vacuum on a call. lol
They run well if they are high volume, but, they all over tone eventually.

Mr. Joshua
08-24-2013, 03:40 AM
I think these are great machines. You can take the drum & developer way over if you know what you're doing. If you can get the customer to make sure they dont have a sheet between the main body and either/or entrance/exit before they pull the ADU out, you've won half the battle. The other half is overtoning.

solidzdawg
08-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Good info I appreciate it much! What do you (and anyone else) do for overtoning? Does that dipsw that always leave the cleaning system on help with that or preventing image processing section from running below 250k as well?

copier addict
08-24-2013, 05:13 AM
Always use OEM supplies. When it starts to overtone, and it will, run a bunch of skyshots and do the drum peculiarity and that will get you another 50 to 100K before it starts again. And it is probably a good idea to stick with the PM schedule.
Hope this helps.

RRodgers
08-24-2013, 07:17 AM
I've been setting a couple of our boxes to run a little lighter with the dip switches. They use really bad paper and I see paper dust everywhere. So I'm hopeing to combat the over toneing with a dip switch change.

Custom Search