PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C203 Customer says takes long time before jobs print from queue

Custom Search

axyun
07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Bizhub c203 print job stay in queue a while and may not print for until 20 or 30 minutes later. Customer says started happening when increased network from 2 to 5 computers. Told customer to each of the added computers off line one at a time to see if problem is alleviated and to see which computer is problem. I guess would then check confiuration on that computer. I am useless when it comes to computer but am just trying to be logical from what custome said. The panel display say memory 100%. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

miesjel
07-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Have a look at the print spooler settings, this might solve your problem:

Printing (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958177.aspx)

EarthKmTech
07-19-2013, 08:17 PM
also make sure they're not doing something silly like having enabled SMB printing on the machine and connecting to it in that manner via a windows network.

known issue, buggy as hell - disable it.

Print with the correct, latest PCL driver direct to the copiers IP address @ port 9100. cant go wrong. (assuming its not running ancient firmware)

Shadow
07-19-2013, 08:50 PM
something else to take a look at too is the Konica Minolta surge protector.
If you are running the network cable through the supplied network portion, it can and will cause the issue you are currently experiencing.
I have had 4 of these units cause problems in the recent past.
they seem to work for a very short period of time and then slow up the network printing to less than a snails pace.

axyun
07-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Have a nice weekend. Stay cool. Frank

Hansoon
07-20-2013, 09:04 AM
take a look at too is the Konica Minolta surge protector.
If you are running the network cable through the supplied network portion

Huh? Whazzat?

Hans

axyun
07-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks Hans.

Mr Spock
07-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Huh? Whazzat?

Hans
The KM supplied surge suppressors have plugs to protect the data and phone lines from surges as well as the electrical surges. I have had issues with these port causing dropped faxes and network communication issues. I start off using them but if they have these types of issues the first thing I do is run straight to machine and see if that resolves it.

Hansoon
07-21-2013, 10:22 AM
The KM supplied surge suppressors

I have never seen them here in Europe.

Hans

axyun
07-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks for also pointing to surge protector as possible culprit. Frank

Custom Search