PDA

View Full Version : C450 Printing on clear paper

Custom Search

Laelo
07-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi just wondering if any of you have printed on clear paper. I have Clear Presentation Covers I would like to print a logo on.
Does the machine heat up to much for this?
I know I can't print window envelopes because the heat melts them. This is 3ml clear plastic covers.
Thank you all in advance!!!
Have a great day!
Laelo

Dickie
07-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Speak to a stationer.
You can buy special transparancies for use in photocopiers.
Any stationer worth his salt should be able to supply you.
They are however a lot dearer than the normal write on ones, but not when compared to a new fuser at around £350 if you use the wrong ones.

Hope this helps

Laelo
07-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Speak to a stationer.
You can buy special transparancies for use in photocopiers.
Any stationer worth his salt should be able to supply you.
They are however a lot dearer than the normal write on ones, but not when compared to a new fuser at around £350 if you use the wrong ones.

Hope this helps

Thanks.... I tried to put it throught the bypass. It's doesn't work!
Thats Ok
Thanks for you help

TheOwl
07-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Have you even searched for the supported stock listing on the devices from Konica Minolta?

The machine will accept laser transperancies or OHP's as some people call them. Using other types will run the risk of causing the stock to melt in the fuser.

Secondly, you must also tell the machine that you are running transperancies through it or again, you run the risk of melting the stock in the fuser.

wseyller
07-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Have you even searched for the supported stock listing on the devices from Konica Minolta?

The machine will accept laser transperancies or OHP's as some people call them. Using other types will run the risk of causing the stock to melt in the fuser.

Secondly, you must also tell the machine that you are running transperancies through it or again, you run the risk of melting the stock in the fuser.

Yes you need to make sure to set the paper setting to OHP. Good thing is there is a sensor on this machine to detech OHP film. So if you were to feed OHP film in without changing the paper setting in theory it should detect this and stop the copier with a mismatch paper type. Same the other way around such as feeding plain paper with OHP on. The copier needs this set because it needs to make many adjustment to print on this media properly such as lowering the fusing temp, lowering the print speed to about 1/3, turning fans on full speed, and many other things.

Custom Search