PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 601 toner in fuser?

Custom Search

copyman
07-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Machine is getting toner build up in fuser. Toner baked on entrance plate, plate where pick off fingers are, white rollers, etc. I rebuilt fuser and cleaned all toner off plates, rollers,etc a few weeks ago and it is already dirty again.

Toner is not piled up on transport bed. I'm aware of that problem.

Using TN-710 OEM toner and customer is not leaving lid open when copying.

I have turned turned down toner density with soft switches. Also have cleaning-recycling unit to stay on all the time

Can't think of anything else. Didn't see anything on K/M knowledge base.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

copier addict
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
It could be developer dumping. These pigs are bad for that. Try cleaning the charge grid, if that doesn't solve the problem replace the grid.
Hope this helps

aazim
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Toner on "entrance plate" for me is not enough adhesion of the toner on paper. Check the transfer and humidity of the paper. Switch ON the dehumidifier (up on the power cord). I have experience with other machines – if you have humidity in paper, you cannot fix the toner on them proper. Toner drop before fusing and rollers take it off from paper.
Mechanical vibration in fuser section – gears, bearing ( especially LFR). Too much oil from cleaning web ( in case ‘nearly end’).
Temperature. Try to decrease ( -5, -10 degrees from dipSW-19). For results – try with finger if the toner stays on paper. If it’s possible try thermistors from working machine.
Pressure between rollers.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards : Anton

blazebusiness
07-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Machine is getting toner build up in fuser. Toner baked on entrance plate, plate where pick off fingers are, white rollers, etc. I rebuilt fuser and cleaned all toner off plates, rollers,etc a few weeks ago and it is already dirty again.

Toner is not piled up on transport bed. I'm aware of that problem.

Using TN-710 OEM toner and customer is not leaving lid open when copying.

I have turned turned down toner density with soft switches. Also have cleaning-recycling unit to stay on all the time

Can't think of anything else. Didn't see anything on K/M knowledge base.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks These run dirty and require meticulous maint , parts replacement ,and PM's. Very similar to the 7255's which were pigs also. That being said, other than running dirty, they are good boxes if you replace the parts they need at regular intervals, especially the charge grid and developer. That toner on the fuser inlet guide doesn't surprise me as it is common for web residue to make that plate sticky and then it gets and stays dirty until we clean it. What's the meter on that box? Did you check the parts counters to see parts life?

copyman
07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks For the replies. 350k clicks on meter. I will try some of the suggestions. Getting some build up on the entrance plate which I have seen with Konica Minoltas going back to the EP4000.

The real problem is the toner build up on the plate where the pick-off's are and the 2 white plastic rollers on that plate.

I was back there today and installed 250k PM kit. Also checked that LFR lamp was lighting. I was thinking maybe the temp was to low but lamp is lighting. The fuser seems extremly hot so I will try turning temp down.

Thanks again

aazim
08-01-2013, 07:21 PM
For me overheating fit everything you described. As a rule the high temp causes toner sticking over fuser roller. I know BH 600/750 but I think BH 601 have the same body and service mode. I have overheating on BH 750, even the front door from outside was abnormal hot. I found in Service Call Counter 5-6 errors related to side thermistor TH2 and 2-3 Fixing alarm in Warning Counter. I replace the TH2 and overheating disappeared. Now i work with -10 C from standart and i feel it's better...
Other related thing is ozone filter behind fuser (the big one). I remove it at all – no problem.
And the cleaning web – I suppose you checked her and corresponding counter and you are familiar with dependence between this counter and speed of movement (even no movement) of web.

I wish you success…

Kidaver
08-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Did you reset the web cleaning unit counter? If you do not reset this the you can get toner build up real bad at the roller.

Solution ID TAUS0701149EN* Solution Usage 2
Description
Dirty copies. The fixing cleaning web is not advancing.
Solution
CAUSE:The fixing unit web solenoid is not activating even though the solenoid operates in diagnostics. The fixing unit cleaning web counter was not reset
after replacement.
SOLUTION: To reset the cleaning web counter, perform the following:
1. Enter the Tech Rep mode.
2. Select Counter.
3. Select Present Parts Life.
4. Select Fixing Web Cleaner and press Clear.

Custom Search