PDA

View Full Version : Di 3010 toner trouble

Custom Search

yormets
07-24-2013, 11:14 PM
I had an idiot refill the empty toner bottle with some other brand toner. Now the machine is making a loud clicking noise coming from the toner add unit. If I spin the toner motor you can feel the vibration in the unit. How in the world would you remove the toner add unit to clean it out? The only way to even see it is through the left front of the machine. It's apparently bolted to the INSIDE of the rear frame. The top of the toner bottle unit is covered with a metal plate. Should we just throw this machine away. Of course it's on the second floor of a building with no elevator.

EarthKmTech
07-24-2013, 11:23 PM
if the toner was jammed in in the wrong position it will destroy the toner bottle drive bracket, there's a gear on a pin that bends and you will hear racheting sounds when it tries to turn the bottle.

the bracket was revised many years ago for a stronger version that is not as susceptible to the same damage. You will need a technician to change it. (if your not one)

Its not that hard to change, i used to be able to do it in an hour. from memory you take the board and shielding away from the back of the machine to gain access to the rear screws etc and some covers at the front. Been a long time. If the machine is otherwise decent its worth doing.

JustManuals
07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Kmdurrin
07-26-2013, 09:44 PM
if the toner was jammed in in the wrong position it will destroy the toner bottle drive bracket, there's a gear on a pin that bends and you will hear racheting sounds when it tries to turn the bottle.

the bracket was revised many years ago for a stronger version that is not as susceptible to the same damage. You will need a technician to change it. (if your not one)

Its not that hard to change, i used to be able to do it in an hour. from memory you take the board and shielding away from the back of the machine to gain access to the rear screws etc and some covers at the front. Been a long time. If the machine is otherwise decent its worth doing.

Pretty much this. Its easy enough to diagnose. Remove the exit cover and look near the back of the machine. It will be pretty obvious if the toner drive is gooched.

Custom Search