PDA

View Full Version : Dirty second side on Bh 501

Custom Search

BDT Tech
07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I have a Bizhub 501 with about 337k on it. It had it's pm on schedule and usually does not give me much trouble. Now I am getting a dirty second side (which would be page 1) when duplexing. I cleaned all the paper paths and such. When I do a panic stop I can see the dirtiness on the part that has the image, but I do not see any on the part that hasn't reached the drum yet. Any suggestions?

emujo
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Check that the levers that reduce fuser pressure for envelopes are not in the wrong position, seen this cause many CQ issues on the back side of copies. Emujo

BDT Tech
07-25-2013, 05:42 PM
It ended up being the DV powder, or at least new DV powder fixed it. The DV powder only had 166k on it, but it is a high use machine so that seems to require more frequent replacement. Thank-you for replying. I have seen users leave the fuser in envelope mode many times and make a call because their prints/copies look bad. Job security!

NRTech
07-25-2013, 07:01 PM
I see this on nearly every 420/421 series I go to and always end up changing the dev. does anyone have a better solution? doesn't matter much to me as I don't pay for parts, I just feel like I'm missing something. I've tried adjusting voltages, changing drums, running setup, but I always end up changing dev well before it's due.

CraigW
07-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes, they overtone often, what happens when you try to get 50ppm out of a former 30ppm engine.

They did away with the transfer/sep cleaners too soon.... these are the machines that ACTUALLY need them.

Custom Search