PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 223 sqeaks when printing tray 2

Custom Search

wseyller
07-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Copier was installed as new around 9/2012 it currently has less than 30k pages. No optional paper trays installed.

When printing from tray 2 after a several pages a squeak squeak starts getting louder and louder. It doesn't go away until it sits for a while. I go to print tray 1 perfect then go back to tray 2 squeaking very loud. Squeak seems like it is coming from around the area of the paper feed or some gears in drive. Can't quite pinpoint it.

I took the tray 2 paper feed unit fully apart. Cleaned and lubricated every part of shaft that has a rotating part except in areas like one-ways and the tray 2 feed clutch. Did not help

I tore the copier down to the point where I got the main drive out. I check everywhere for proper lubrication. I then pull up the theory manual and I don't think the main drive could be an issue because it would squeak with both trays right? I wanted to pull the hopper/paper drive section but there is no instruction in the manual and I couldn't quite figure it out, and I felt like I had removed way to much already and didn't want to dig myself into a hole.

From the looks of it the hopper/paper drive section is all running when either tray 1 or 2 is feeding, so it shouldn't be an issue right?

So it is safe to assume that it is definitely something on the tray 2 paper feed unit. This unit has the tray 2 clutch on it. Can I eliminate the rest of the copier?

Edit: Or maybe the vertical transport could be possible too. I assume it's clutch only energizes when printing from tray 2

blackcat4866
07-26-2013, 12:46 AM
... Edit: Or maybe the vertical transport could be possible too. I assume it's clutch only energizes when printing from tray 2

Now you're thinking. I would suspect those little idler pulleys inside the vertical path, lower door. =^..^=

Hansoon
07-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Now you're thinking. I would suspect those little idler pulleys inside the vertical path, lower door.

They are MEAN!

Indeed, if squeaking is not being caused by the usual suspects than it is ALWAYS those damn idler rollers.

Hans

copier addict
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
They are MEAN!

Indeed, if squeaking is not being caused by the usual suspects than it is ALWAYS those damn idler rollers.

Hans

Idler rollers are the devils playgrounds! lol

wseyller
07-27-2013, 06:15 AM
I do believe it is in the vertical transport now. Wish that popped in my head when I was there. I may never know the conclusion of it . My call was transfered to someone else because I will be gone next week in GA for some fiery training. I appreciate the feedback though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EarthKmTech
07-28-2013, 04:10 AM
yep, ive had the problem.

and it was the white idler rollers already spoke of, on a near new machine.

lube em up, problem solved.

Custom Search