PDA

View Full Version : Jamming KM 423 Jam 30-01

Custom Search

Lynam123
07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
I have a KM 423 (150,000 on the clock) with an intermittent jamming problem (every 50 pages or so)
The jam is J 30-01 which points to the image transfer section but my problem seems to be deeper than that..

Each time the jam happens only from Tray One A4 (portrait orientation) and no other way,
Every time the jam happens I clear the paper and it tells me to re-size my paper in tray one (checked all machine/paper settings they are all correct)
when the paper is re-sized the job runs again but jams almost immediately and will continue to do this until the orientation of the paper is changed or the tray is switched..

now here is the bit i am getting stuck with, the parts i have changed on this machine are as follows:
Tray 1 and 2, Feed unit 1 and 2, The PRCB, Exit Section, Fixing Unit, Drum/Dev Unit, Entire Duplex Section, Main Motor (M1), CL1 and the Entire Tray 1 and 2 Drive Assembly's (including both the paper size detection assembly's)

i have also updated the Firmware but still no luck..

Any help guys?

NRTech
07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
you'll probably find the bronze bushes on the registration rollers are worn internally causing them to nip tight against the reg rollers. you can replace these, it it's also possible, if it hasn't been done before, to switch the lower bushes with the upper bushes as they should have worn on opposite sides. replacement is obviously the best option. possibly worth checking/flushing/replacing the registration clutch whilst you're at it.

blackcat4866
07-27-2013, 01:58 AM
The only time I've seen J30-01, is when the enduser programmed the bypass tray to "Post" (meaning postcard), then loaded legal sized paper. I just selected size "Auto Detect".

I suppose that tray #1 may be incorrectly identifying the paper size ... =^..^=

JR2ALTA
07-27-2013, 02:53 AM
A bad registration clutch on the older machines would cause an "replenish paper" message and jamming. maybe that's it.

frankly, you've done everything.

at this point you should tell them to load it landscape and offer a fraction off their bill or something.

stepwik
10-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Would love to know how this ended... but I guess 2 years later, can you recall?? I'm about half way through repalcing all possible item... same as original post but ours jams only long edge feed from tray 1. Trying the bronze/brass bushings tomorrow.

copierwhisper
05-25-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm currently dealing with the same issue outlined in the original post, anyone determine the fix?

TPRICE
09-20-2016, 03:44 PM
I had the same problem. You have a feed unit in the machine from a Bizhub 363/283/223. The 423 has an extra sensor in the paper feed unit.

REGSIS
09-21-2016, 08:48 PM
I had the same problem. You have a feed unit in the machine from a Bizhub 363/283/223. The 423 has an extra sensor in the paper feed unit.

I had this issue few years ago when I switched feed units bizhub 283 <---> bizhub 423 (didn't noticed extra senor). Bizhub 423 had this jams, but bizhub 283 worked flawlessly with feed unit from 423. Switched back and everything was back to normal.

Custom Search