PDA

View Full Version : Peerless controller type

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Anybody remember what the contoller type is supposed to be set to on a C350 with a Peerless Xtreme VR. Yes... I know its a horribly shitty controller, but the client is a forest service office that had an old one break down, bought a new one from some random online vendor, and is now intent on having us set it back up for them. I've only really worked with fierys so Im kind of lost here. HELP!!!!!!

TheOwl
07-28-2013, 11:55 PM
While I feel you pain with these most "awesome" controllers, I can't remember either.

It won't hurt if you simply just try different Controller Types within service mode, just make sure that you leave the Peerless turned on and soon enough you will get the display that you are looking for.

EarthKmTech
07-28-2013, 11:58 PM
the best thing a peerless can be used for is changing out the fan to a quiet one, clean installing linux on it on a decent sized hdd and using it as a media file server like i used to do. Nice compact little case.

As for your question - I dont remember either, but number 3 seems to stick in memory ;)

Just try till you find it, you wont kill these ancient machines with a sledge hammer (well yes, you will, but you know what i mean)

Also, if you have a working peerless, i strongly recommend you image the hard drive and keep it on hand, just about the only thing i ever did with those units was reimage the hard drive. I never had anything else go wrong with them and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Hansoon
07-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Don't know but I know for sure that #3 is for the embedded controller and #2 (mode 1) for the Fiery IC-401 controller. Just a few left to try...

:D

Hans

Custom Search