PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6501 printing black lines on glossy board 186+ gsm

Custom Search

Mattdlam
07-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi,

My pro C6501 is printing boards or book covers with black lines on, the transfer belt does have marks on it but just want to be 100% its the belt because when printing on lighter paper or normal plain paper these marks do not appear, could this be the belt?

princef18
07-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Can you upload an image for reference? there are many kinds of lines which can suggest a lot of things.

Mattdlam
07-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Can you upload an image for reference? there are many kinds of lines which can suggest a lot of things.

Hi there, please see attached example.

Mick01
07-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Looks like transfer belt cleaning issue to me. This type of issue normally occurs when the transfer belt cleaning blade flips. This destroys the transfer belt surface. i would replace the transfer belt and cleaning blade.

RRodgers
07-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Kick up the thickness of the paper setting another notch or two. That should fix it. (Haven't looked at your upload YET)

princef18
07-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Looks like transfer belt cleaning issue to me. This type of issue normally occurs when the transfer belt cleaning blade flips. This destroys the transfer belt surface. i would replace the transfer belt and cleaning blade.

Same thing. You might want to remove the cleaning unit and clean the cleaning blade. If it still continues doing the same thing, you will have to replace the cleaning blade.

Mattdlam
07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Kick up the thickness of the paper setting another notch or two. That should fix it. (Haven't looked at your upload YET)

Tried the thickness changing but still same will have to get a new belt and blade and check from there.
Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated, will feedback once I change the parts.

Saghir377
07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Dear two things possible one black charging corona or black drum cleaning failed. print test patron 53 of black and check

twinax
07-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello,

This problem (fine black lines on print) are a complexe problem. (residual electrical charge has been developed after cleaning)

The original cause is the DU102C drum which have a very low quality. (sensitive coating on drum, not regular).

This problem is normaly only on black.

To solve it, it is necessary to reduce the toner on developing roller by readjutment of toner blade into developping unit.

You need to reduce the value from 0.8 mm (between developping roller and blade) to 0.6 mm. (painted screws)

I hope that this information will help you.

Don't hesitate to ask me if necessary.

Kind regards,

Twinax

1FRY1
07-31-2013, 09:54 PM
The only on thick paper would part of it would point me in the post transfer stage of the process.

The black mylar by the transfer roller if it is still on try removing it, This can cause other problems but if it is worn it will scrape the toner across the page.

After that try stopping it mid print to see if it is on the belt.

Custom Search