PDA

View Full Version : C652 Jam 17-30 out of tray 3

Custom Search

solidzdawg
07-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Hey Fellow techies, I got some questions on this sucker.

I have a 17-30 jam code on a c652 that will intermittently jam out of tray 3. The jam code is always 17-30 which has a Knowledgebase solution however its not too descriptive for my newbishness ;)

It says that there is a mod on the PFU of tray 3 and also that adding 2-3mm of material to PS29 Horizontal transport sensor will potentially alleviate that problem..

This machine has just been put with a new 3rd gen Tray 3 PFU that has all these mods added so I think it lies with that PS29 maybe not getting the paper as fast as it needs it?

It also says to try this special firmware(going to try it in the morning) but I just want to have a good game plan for the morning.

So to recap, tray 3 17-30 intermittent jamming, new feed unit with appropriate mods already installed, havent checked much other than that. What have you guys done to alleviate this issue? My territory is LOADED with these puppies and I really need to know how to address these errors

Any help would be so splendid and help me relax before tomorrow haha...thanks again,

-Zach

EarthKmTech
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
bend the metal bracket down 2mm that has the paper feed actuator in it under the 2 screw top cover of the feed unit.

Problem solved.

the 654/754 tray 3 feed units are also notoriously shit out of the box. Have had to do this to many machines in the field with 100% success.

solidzdawg
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Earth, you are the freakin' man!

It works perfect now and hasn't had one jam since. What a big burden off my shoulders, third different machine with same jam code in one month.

Thanks again! :D

EarthKmTech
08-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Fortunately, its an easy fix.

other symptoms may include destruction of fusers - and ill explain why:

had a C654 a fellow tech went to half a dozen times replacing fusers and god knows what else - one of those morons that dont look at jam codes and just replaces what he thinks is the problem. He had sick leave and the machine come in again - i went to it and noticed the dozens and dozens of 17-30 jams from tray 3. I pulled the cover off the feed unit, i removed tray 2, inserted a sheet in the tray 3 feed unit and closed the draw. I entered sensor check mode and even the slightest pressure applied to the feed actuator changed its state from 1 to 0. This tells me straight away that an actuator bounce event will cause a phantom jam. Bend the plate down as described the above phenomenon is no longer possible.

Now the reason this moron was changing fusing units is as follows.

machine jams from tray 3, end user removes all sheets from machine, one may not be seen at fuser entrance as is undetectable once the door is open. Once the machine is restarted tray 3 will be lifting and unready, so paper will feed from tray 4 immediately and smash into this sheet and wrap it around the upper fusing roller destroying the claws. This is what confused him as the "jams" were happening from "all trays"

not once did the d**khead look at the jam logs, and as a senior tech nothing pisses me off more.

I hope theres something in that for all of us.

Custom Search