PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C650 keeps asking for TN-K even though the toner is full

Custom Search

Oneir
07-30-2013, 05:28 PM
bizhub C650 keeps asking for TN-K even though the toner is full, changed the IU-K and the same thing, tried another toner and no change.
I changed the engine board and the problem persisted. I changed the NVRAM and the problem still continued. What could be the problem????
My business is losing $$ daily.

emujo
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Are you a tech, or end user? If a tech what are the TCR levels displaying for the K-IU? Emujo

Oneir
07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
tech/end-user. The TCR level is set to 0 and supply level is 7.14%

Oneir
07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
tech/end-user. The TCR level is set to 0
and supply level is 7.14%

minimerlin
07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
You need to do some fault finding...check out the hopper sensor..if the unit is asking for toner then something is not working correctly. It is fairly easy to remove the hoppers and swop over sensors.

EarthKmTech
07-30-2013, 11:08 PM
also make sure the toner cartridge chip contacts aren't mangled from rough handling at the front of the machine, it the contacts aren't 100% you will have this problem. Had it before.

blazebusiness
07-30-2013, 11:14 PM
also make sure the toner cartridge chip contacts aren't mangled from rough handling at the front of the machine, it the contacts aren't 100% you will have this problem. Had it before. Good idea....also make sure the plastic piece that latches the cartridge so it mounts snugly in place hasn't spread open a little. And.... I've seen customers order a full set of BH C451 toners not realizing that the color toners are exactly the same but the C451 black toner is different (well, maybe it's not the toner-- but the chip programming certainly is different) and the cartridge won't be detected/work in the C550/C650's.

EarthKmTech
07-30-2013, 11:17 PM
yeah, it would be a shame if the machine is now virtually destroyed simply because its the wrong version black toner. (see other post)

Oneir
07-31-2013, 04:21 PM
I have already changed the toner, putting in a new one and checked the contacts and they are fully intact.

pepper38_cnd
07-31-2013, 11:28 PM
You need to check the chip connectors on every toner and Iu if any one of them are out of shape and shorted to the metal bracket any of the supply messages may be displayed.

AjitN
08-01-2013, 03:34 AM
What about toner supply motor. If faulty, it will not add toner in toner hopper. Add some toner manually in hopper just to isolate the problem area. If machine detects toner after manual addition, you need to check toner motor & backward all parts,
Hope this helps.

methogod
08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
If you eliminated the IU and the toner --- its got the be the hopper...
We had the same thing happen to the YELLOW toner hopper...

I would vacuum it out well its deep and holds a lot of toner, even though its small... See if the sensor comes back after a complete reboot.
If it still reads as empty, i would then do the follow...

if you have a parts machine you can rebuild it, or if you have a know all parts are good, i would swap the entire assembly, at least to test.
After taking it apart, we couldn't find anything wrong - no motor issue, gear issue, so must of been the sensor. So we swapped all 4 hoppers.

We ruined 2 IU before figuring it out.

Also you can eliminate the toner hopper auger motor unless its both the black and the magenta. The toner auger motors are 2 motors that drive 2 clusters of gears (Y/C and M/K), so when 1 fails they both fail.

Oneir
08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
If you eliminated the IU and the toner --- its got the be the hopper...
We had the same thing happen to the YELLOW toner hopper...

I would vacuum it out well its deep and holds a lot of toner, even though its small... See if the sensor comes back after a complete reboot.
If it still reads as empty, i would then do the follow...

if you have a parts machine you can rebuild it, or if you have a know all parts are good, i would swap the entire assembly, at least to test.
After taking it apart, we couldn't find anything wrong - no motor issue, gear issue, so must of been the sensor. So we swapped all 4 hoppers.

We ruined 2 IU before figuring it out.

Also you can eliminate the toner hopper auger motor unless its both the black and the magenta. The toner auger motors are 2 motors that drive 2 clusters of gears (Y/C and M/K), so when 1 fails they both fail.

Will try this and let u know.

pappyvonsillypants
08-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I have been a tech for 12 years. only on here for a tid bit. when you pull the toner bottle out there is a chip at the bottom in which the machine reads. the "reader" if you will, is a few metal contacts. they are easily shorted if not perfectly formed. take the front cover off and you will be able to see the sensors up close from the rear and see if any are not seated right, or possibly bent. the nvram, drums and ius can be new and replaced all day, but if the read switch is bent or deformed you will have issue after issue. hope this helps and if it is not easy to follow let me know ill try to be more specific.

Synaux
08-12-2013, 05:54 PM
bizhub C650 keeps asking for TN-K even though the toner is full, changed the IU-K and the same thing, tried another toner and no change.
I changed the engine board and the problem persisted. I changed the NVRAM and the problem still continued. What could be the problem????
My business is losing $$ daily.

Is the machine working at all? If I understand correctly, I have this same exact issue and the machine was operable for about a year like this. After some time of this erroneous error, someone took out the black IU and that is when we noticed that the toner-flap was not seating correctly.
The fix: Rubber bands!
I will try to take a pict and post it later today

Custom Search