PDA

View Full Version : konica 7222 fuser jam

Custom Search

DOE
07-30-2013, 10:15 PM
have a konica 7222 that jams in fuser. if i run 8.5x11 it jams under the 2 middle fingers in fuser. if i run it r ways it goes through fine. replaced fingers, web and rollers same thing. the customer says it might work fine one day and then jam everytime the next. i suspected moisture in paper was the cause but i opened a new ream of paper and it jammed everytime under middle 2 fingers but when i changed it to r direction it worked fine even though the same 2 fingers that it jams on 11 inch is same ones it uses to peal off the r direction paper. i have stopped twice before and couldnt get it to jam but this time it did every time. any ideas would be apreciated as the customer and myself are getting frustrated. thanks

blazebusiness
07-30-2013, 10:34 PM
have a konica 7222 that jams in fuser. if i run 8.5x11 it jams under the 2 middle fingers in fuser. if i run it r ways it goes through fine. replaced fingers, web and rollers same thing. the customer says it might work fine one day and then jam everytime the next. i suspected moisture in paper was the cause but i opened a new ream of paper and it jammed everytime under middle 2 fingers but when i changed it to r direction it worked fine even though the same 2 fingers that it jams on 11 inch is same ones it uses to peal off the r direction paper. i have stopped twice before and couldnt get it to jam but this time it did every time. any ideas would be apreciated as the customer and myself are getting frustrated. thanks Alot of the time the latches on the fuser break on that model. They are black in color if memory serves me and the end piece breaks of and the fuser doesn't latch snugly when you close it. Might cause that issue.

JustManuals
07-31-2013, 12:55 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

CraigW
07-31-2013, 06:14 PM
^^^ yes, the latches.

And make the white material on the fuser input plate is in place (more common on older 7020 series)

pepper38_cnd
07-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Check to make sure all the little star wheels mounted on the drum carriage rotate freely if they don't they will cause odd fuser jams any that don't rotate just pull them off it will work fine without them.

Custom Search