PDA

View Full Version : C.6501 - Magenta quality problem -

Custom Search

twinax
07-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Hello guy's,

We have a quality problem with C.6501 . The engine has 1900K.

You can see the problem on PDF.

Problem description.

Problem is only on Magenta color at rear machine, on SRA3 zone (not visible on A3).
The problem is already on drum (before transfer)

Parts replaced for this problem:
· Drum several times.
· Developing unit twice,
· Erase LED
· Laser unit magenta
· HV1 and HV2
· BIAS Connections, and HV wires between connectors and HV1.
· Checking laser path (no obstruction)
· Checking the image PCB , we have crossed the Yellow and Magenta connections on OACB, problem is always on magenta, it means that the magenta electrostatique unit give the problem.

Any idea(s)!

Kind regards,

Twinax

Mick01
08-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Hi,
It appears as if you have done absolutely everything i would have suggested.
You have determined that it is an issue with transferring toner from the Developing unit to the Drum. Is that correct?
The most likely cause is a faulty Developing unit. Check the developing sleeve to determine if you are getting even coverage of Dev across the sleeve.
Check the level of the machine, this should be effecting all colours though.
Hope this helps and good luck

Gort
08-02-2013, 04:32 AM
From your description you can rule out the drum, developer and developing units, coronas, and write unit. It looks like the write unit is not starting at the right time.
Is this from the PF-602 or all trays? The PF-602 will allow the write units to correct for paper centering/laser timing correction.
I would perform the following:
1. "Recall Standard Data" in Machine and Image Processing modes, print machine adjustment list first.
2. Reload machine firmware newest version (ve. 70?).
3. Perform hard disk recovery/format for the Magenta/all HDD.
4. Replace the Image Processing Board.

1FRY1
08-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Looking at the PDF I would say maybe rotational,

You have replaced most things I would try swapping the Magenta drum drive with the Black drum drive

Really easy job, Back off m/c remove Drum balancers, four screws and connector and whole assy comes out with shaft.

RRodgers
08-03-2013, 01:50 AM
I don't think I read where you tried it, but you CAN swap dev unit and drums around. (although I would tape off toner entrance hole in dev unit and I would run VERY FEW copies) I'd start with the drum unit first. Did you check the white spacers on the end of the dev unit?

Custom Search