PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 211 tray 1 misfeed/jam

Custom Search

Phrag
08-04-2013, 11:59 PM
G'day guys and gals,

I've got an issue with a Bizhub 211. What seems to be happening is, it is misfeeding from tray one. Tray 2 works a treat.

The first step we took was to replace that annoying spring loaded gear in the drivetrain at the back, but that didn't change anything. We replaced this part first because we've had that fail on 3 machines in a year. All the solenoids seem to work correctly, but it doesn't want to feed any paper.

I've had it with these machines. I was thinking that the Pawl (ref '19') on tray one isn't meshing with the pin (ref 'a') on the spring loaded gear. I can see that pin that is supposed to turn is turning.

The next step I was going to take was to replace the whole tray.

Has anyone else got any other ideas? Anything I've missed?

Cheers

EarthKmTech
08-05-2013, 12:53 AM
is it even turning the roller ?

not much goes wrong with tray 1 other than the drive clutch breaking in the back of the machine or the tray itself breaking.

there is a complete replacement tray 1 available that uses a soft grey rubber roller and a separation pad instead of the hard rollers from the factory. allegedly it was to address issues with certain paper types in humid environments destroying imaging units. I've used it without issue to replace broken trays so as to not have to rebuild it.

Phrag
08-05-2013, 01:59 AM
is it even turning the roller ?

not much goes wrong with tray 1 other than the drive clutch breaking in the back of the machine or the tray itself breaking.

there is a complete replacement tray 1 available that uses a soft grey rubber roller and a separation pad instead of the hard rollers from the factory. allegedly it was to address issues with certain paper types in humid environments destroying imaging units. I've used it without issue to replace broken trays so as to not have to rebuild it.

Hi Earth,

Thanks for the reply.

No; It doesn't look like it is. I made a small mark on the roller with my pen, but it doesn't seem to shift. And like I stated in my previous post, the pin on the gear that drive it turns, which immediately made me think that the pawl doesn't mesh; Which in turn led me to seriously think about ordering a whole tray.

If I had a 2nd hand tray in the office, I'd drive out and try that, but I don't. As the junior tech in the office, I'm not too keen on ordering a whole tray as a troubleshooting method.

Cheers

EarthKmTech
08-05-2013, 03:59 AM
well, i think you need to address the no drive issue.

un till you've worked out why its got no drive your "pissing in the wind" to put it politely ;)

Custom Search