PDA

View Full Version : CQ C451 Registration

Custom Search

MadCityCopy
08-05-2013, 01:38 AM
So I'm having an issue with my favorite machine. To start its technically an NEC IT45C. Same as the C451 box. The issue that came up this week was print registration is all out of wack. No previous issues for years. 850xxx prints. I run all the calibrations and adjustments and it still is off. I included a scan of my skew adjustment print out. On her print outs she is trying the text and color are just mis-aligning and some have shadows. Seems to be mostly magenta thats out of wack. I have read around and found the other thread about the P-14 code, which I am also getting now.

According to the book I should...
1. check the drive of the IU
2. clean IU contact
3. check the IDCS sensors
4. chance said sensor
5. change image unit
6. change PH
7. change REYB
8. change PCRB

Up to this point I have checked all IU's and drive. Cleaned the IDCS sensors. And changed the PH unit. My next stab I was going to bring a few IDCS sensors amd te REYB. Possibly all new IU's. I have tried new magneta. New K IU, new t-belt, and t-roller. I have also reset the skew for the new PH and manually set the skew. Any thoughts? Id love to try the special firmware but seems I friends at NEC closed up shop. Plus I have not attempted to reload firmware before on this beast.

More notes, from all my adjustments it seems to balloon in the center of my registration test chart. My scan is only that of an 11x8 1/2 but I did that on a ledger.

Phrag
08-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong; Is there an assembly which houses the IDC sensors that read the patterns on the belt?

If you can, search for TAAU1000158EN, TAUS1002332EN and maybe even TNBT0700092EN.
All these bulletins are regarding misregistration and skew.

EDIT: Note that these seem to suggest memory is the issue. Obviously, if you have spare memory you can test it out, but I don't know whether you want to order extra memory at the drop of a hat.

Personally, I had issues with a C652, and a new T/Belt fixed that. But I have heard of the whole IDC assembly being replaced (or parts of it at least) in C452's.

habik
08-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Can you scan also the test page and perhaps the Gradation print... I want to see how off it is although this reg print proves it. .

Try and cranck up the PH settings up to like 300 or the maximum, so it gets the alingment motors for CMY out of the frozen position, then do Full reset of PH Skew.... take the readings from the label on the side of the PH ...REBOOT...and then full image stabilise and background reset.
then Full gradation and fine tweek of reg after.
This should work. 90% of time it did for me.

Good luck

habik
08-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Can you scan also the test page and perhaps the Gradation print... I want to see how off it is although this reg print proves it. .

Try and cranck up the PH settings up to like 300 or the maximum, so it gets the alingment motors for CMY out of the frozen position, then do Full reset of PH Skew.... take the readings from the label on the side of the PH ...REBOOT...and then full image stabilise and background reset.
then Full gradation and fine tweek of reg after.
This should work. 90% of time it did for me.

Good luck
#
Yeah try to crank the Magenta lskew ONLY first :)

MadCityCopy
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I will try to scan the rest of my samples today.

But just because I over think things, am I fighting two different problems or just one? As in the color registration being off and the P-14 code being on. I figured the code was because of me messed up registration. I'm heading back today with a known good IDCS.

I really appreciate all the help.

MadCityCopy
08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm currently here looking at the machine. First thing I did when I got here was jack the Magenta skew value to 300. Immediately my P14 went away. Checked registration, was the best iv seen yet. Shown customer she was happy. Just thought the cyan areas were a bit off. Figured I'd tweak the registration to make it perfect. Turns out it went down hill. Now I'm back where I started with the P14 code and varying registration. I swapped out a completely different IDCF unit. Still nothing. Within the last month it has had a new t-belt, t-roller, K unit, and I have tried a M unit but only for a few hours.

Custom Search