PDA

View Full Version : CQ C6501 PRINT ISSUE

Custom Search

Mattdlam
08-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys,

Am having a major issue with a C6501, transfer belt was done and had marks all over it which came up on all pages printed, I replaced belt with a new one, replaced all 4 developers and drums as they were due for replacement, changed the transfer rollers, did auto dev charge, init drum rotation, toner density adj, but when I print the lines still come up on glossy paper 200gsm, plain paper printed fine a whole book, when I check on the fuser belt there is nothing and is still fairly new.
Please see attached example, that test print was supposed to be magenta and yellow.
On the second printed cover the left hand comes up with black as if the developer or toner is moist and soils the page.

Please assist with you thoughts.

Crowy79
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi

Did you change the transfer belt cleaning section when you changed the other parts? It looks like there's an image memory issue involved, and is usually due to a blade issue, and does it do this on other stocks of paper or just the glossy?

Cheers

RRodgers
08-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Take the screws out of the drums?

Mattdlam
08-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi

Did you change the transfer belt cleaning section when you changed the other parts? It looks like there's an image memory issue involved, and is usually due to a blade issue, and does it do this on other stocks of paper or just the glossy?

Cheers

Hi Crowy, yes I forgot to mention that I put a brand new complete belt cleaner unit, its only happening on heavy gloss even tried to put another paper type and gsm but if gloss it does happen like that.

Mattdlam
08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Take the screws out of the drums?

Which screws do I take out of the drums, I did not do this??

Crowy79
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi

There are two red screws that hold the blades off the drums for shipping, there is one at each side of the drum, if you take those out the blade will then sit flush to the drum unit, don't forget to use setting powder too or the blade will flip.

Cheers

RRodgers
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Which screws do I take out of the drums, I did not do this??
That is the problem you are having.
You are welcome.

Mattdlam
08-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi

There are two red screws that hold the blades off the drums for shipping, there is one at each side of the drum, if you take those out the blade will then sit flush to the drum unit, don't forget to use setting powder too or the blade will flip.

Cheers

Thanks a mil , noted that screws and removed did adjustments again and printed 1000 covers first 20 or so were still soiled at the bottom but eventually all printing fine.
Once again thanks a mil.

Cheers

edmund
08-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Please the drive gear on the cleaning section
It is held in place by a metal E clip
what happens is this clip jumps out and the Cleaning unit on your transfer belt does not receive any drive
resulting in the transfer belt not being cleaned properly
I will try and load a PIC of the gear later

this goes with saying that everything else has been done that the everyone else has been telling you to do

the removal of red packaging screws, setting powder,etc

RRodgers
08-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks a mil , noted that screws and removed did adjustments again and printed 1000 covers first 20 or so were still soiled at the bottom but eventually all printing fine.
Once again thanks a mil.

Cheers
Yes thank you Crowy... lol

blaze2000
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM
If there's a 5501 and up color tech who says he never forgot to remove the screws is a liar lol! Happens to everyone.

Custom Search