PDA

View Full Version : C252 fax problems

Custom Search

paulrid
08-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with a C252 with its Fax.

The machine was working fine apart from an email problem which happened when their email provider added extra security and it stopped emailing, anyway to keep this as short as possible I did a data reset on the machine used my STMP and got it emailing to any address apart from theirs.
Thought every think was fine then I got a call about fax not working (forget it had one when I did the data rest). So I went and did the whole installation procedure for the fax but when I send a fax it stalls on the fax screen after it has scanned it, I can't go back to the copy screen but I can go into the job list and can see it's "waiting" but thats it, after a delete and power down its gone. Now if I fax it using off hook it works, also it works if the use the quick memory fax but for the life of me I can't get it to work as it used to :(
Now the final thing if someone sends it a fax it fails with the message on screen Failed to receive properly see logs and it the logs it shows a protocol error.
Any ideas please???

Thanks Paul.

mo0651
08-07-2013, 08:34 PM
double check the "marketing Area" and make sure the Hard drive is "set"

paulrid
08-07-2013, 08:40 PM
double check the "marketing Area" and make sure the Hard drive is "set"

Thanks for the reply.

Marketing area is set to Europe and fax set to GB but I must admit I haven't check the HDD sounds lie a possibility to me. I'll let you know.

Paul.

mikeena
08-08-2013, 05:50 AM
just curious on this did you initialize the fax again. try doing that as well. I had similar problem. when I ran initialization and powered off and on it fixed my issue literally happened like 3 days ago

paulrid
08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
It was the HDD set to unset, stupid me :)

Thanks for the help.

Paul.

mo0651
08-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Sneaky HDD

Custom Search