PDA

View Full Version : Toner not clicking into place

Custom Search

khairul
08-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Can anyone explain what could be preventing my toners from "clicking" into place properly when I insert them into my Kyocera FS-C5250DN? Somebody transferred the printer into the loft and, when I subsequently tried to replace one of the toners, I kept on getting the error message "Check the toner container" .

Thinking that the toners may have got slightly out of place during the aforementioned transportation, I thought that it would be a good idea if I take all the toners out and reinsert them. However, I found them extremely stiff and tight to take out but managed to do so eventually. But now, when I try to reinsert them, I find that they do not "click" into place on the left-hand-side - hence the continuing error message "Check the toner container".

Can anyone advise me on what to do to make them click into place again? Thank you.

Zackuth
08-08-2013, 10:33 PM
You can try the toner opening interlock on the right side. Push the white interlock and see if it pushes easily or if it is hard and pops when pushed. If it pops, you'll need to do the modification.

blackcat4866
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
There are a number of modification on this particular model. One of these is a change to the bias contacts. It can cause false toner-not-installed messages, and gradually lightening images. This is not something you'll want to try at home. It took me most of a day to do the modifications the last time, and I sort-of know how to do it. =^..^=

khairul
08-08-2013, 10:58 PM
You can try the toner opening interlock on the right side. Push the white interlock and see if it pushes easily or if it is hard and pops when pushed. If it pops, you'll need to do the modification.

Sorry I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to printer maintenance; could you explain further please? I'm not familiar with what a toner opening interlock is.

khairul
08-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Is it this:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/visiophile/20130808_235923_zps6ad5dbac.jpg

blackcat4866
08-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Yes. =^..^=

khairul
08-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Yes. =^..^=

Thank you. Well I can tell you that the interlocks on the right can be pushed in easily, and rotate when the top cover is being opened/closed. As for the interlocks on the left, they move in and out as the top door is being manipulated but hardly rotate, if at all.

Zackuth
08-09-2013, 01:49 PM
They won't rotate unless toner is being added.

khairul
08-09-2013, 03:01 PM
So what should I do now?

Zackuth
08-09-2013, 09:32 PM
The left plate that the toner slides might be out of place. You can try moving the black plate to the back of the machine.

khairul
08-10-2013, 01:46 AM
After hours of fiddling about with the white interlocks and half-opening/full-opening the lid, I have managed to manipulate the black, magenta and blue toners into their correct positions. As for the yellow one, I have managed to "shove" it in somehow (with the top cover forced closed) and the printer has accepted it (i.e. it has "added the toner").

Basically, I no longer have the error message "Check the toner container".

However, I now have a different problem - which is that the printer consistently reports having 5% toner level - no matter which cartridge is inserted - in fact it reports 5% even if there is no yellow cartridge inserted at all! Why could this be?

EDIT: To be exact, it fluctuates between 5% and 6&.
Printer screen says "Toner low Y"

Custom Search