PDA

View Full Version : CQ Distorted line from top to bottom of page -Bizhub C452

Custom Search

darastafari
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I have a C452 that presents this problem with black or cyan only. It happens when printing or copying multiple pages. If you run a single page the copy comes out fine. If you look at the attachment you will see a line that runs from top to bottom that kind of bunches the text together. I have replaced the black drum, black dev unit, and cyan imaging unit. I also swapped the transfer belt from another machine, but the issue still persists. I was going to try the print head assembly next. Any thoughts or suggestions?

minimerlin
08-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I have a C452 that presents this problem with black or cyan only. It happens when printing or copying multiple pages. If you run a single page the copy comes out fine. If you look at the attachment you will see a line that runs from top to bottom that kind of bunches the text together. I have replaced the black drum, black dev unit, and cyan imaging unit. I also swapped the transfer belt from another machine, but the issue still persists. I was going to try the print head assembly next. Any thoughts or suggestions?Are you sure that this does not happen on all colours as it looks more like a transport/registration roller is tight and causing the blurr. Do a stop during the run and see if the problem is visible on the belt will prove if it is caused by the 1st transfer then you have a start point.

JustManuals
08-09-2013, 10:12 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mo0651
08-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Remove the fuser from machine. Right in the middle on the bar that the fuser sits on is a sensor. Fuser timing sensor. Make sure it moves freely and is not stuck.

blackcat4866
08-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Remove the fuser from machine. Right in the middle on the bar that the fuser sits on is a sensor. Fuser timing sensor. Make sure it moves freely and is not stuck.

I'm leaning toward the fuser, but in another aspect. I see the compressions ... but are you getting fairly severe paper skew/distorted image also? At first I got the false notion that I had fixed something by disassembling and cleaning the registration assembly and paper dust collector. In retrospect, the difference was probably just letting the internal temperature of the machine lower while I was cleaning.

The real cause turned out to be a thick build up of toner on the fuser inlet guides, and the guides just before that. I think a contributing factor was the fact that this customer runs high volumes, heavy fill, all the time. The longer the run, the more severe the compressions and skew. I think the rising internal temperature made that toner on the guides increasingly sticky.

On this machine I clean those guides every visit. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
08-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I second the fusing loop sensor.
if its snapped off or unable to move or otherwise malfunctional the fuser will rotate too fast and tugg on the paper from the transfer section upsetting to transfer belts speed.

darastafari
08-13-2013, 09:34 PM
So I went back to the machine yesterday and inspected the sensor. The actuator had sheared in half. Leaving only a portion of it to flag the sensor. I had to order the actuator and went back today to replace it. Sure enough it fixed the problem. I have worked on this series of machines for years and had never come across that part breaking until now. Thank you so much for your help!!!:D

Custom Search