PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c450 Scan to Smb

Custom Search

A\ztech
08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Hi Guys
Trying to set up scan to Smb on a konica c450. Changed the fiery ip address to coincide with the network which allowed it to print.
I did notice the ip on the utility / network settings is different not sure if this matters or not, if so how do I change it in admin mode?
Well when I log on to the web browser and and go to scan settings it does not give me the option for hostname, path, username and password.
Can one of you KonicaMinolta Gurus enlighten me on what I need to do. I mostly work on Kyocera's so not too familiar as to what I have to do. I know theres a few posts regarding this,Not sure if i'm missing something though. Thanks in advance

JustManuals
08-13-2013, 01:43 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mr Spock
08-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The ip should look different. Most Konica based Fiery's use the fiery as a router and needs the special address to work. On some of the older KM products you need the hard drive option and soft switches to scan smb and see the username/password options. Also are you looking at fiery webpage or machine webpage.

A\ztech
08-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm Logging in to the Fiery, I figured out how to change that ip. which is probably why it doesn't have the scan settings. I didn't try logging into the copier since the ip address was way different and i couldn't change it. How can I change the ip address on the copier or does that matter? if not will it still come up on the web browser?

wseyller
08-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Dont change that IP. If you have one cat 5 cable going to the fiery then a cable going from the fiery to the copier then the IP listed in the copier probably starts with 172 I believe. It is only used for the copier and the fiery to communicate. Take the fiery's IP address for example if it is 192.168.1.149 then your copiers IP will be one number higher. In the example it will be 192.168.1.150. Both must have consecutive IP addresses. The fiery assigns the copiers IP. Printing a config page from the fiery should show this as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A\ztech
08-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys i'm going out to the machine tomorrow, your posts were very helpful

Synaux
08-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Dont change that IP. If you have one cat 5 cable going to the fiery then a cable going from the fiery to the copier then the IP listed in the copier probably starts with 172 I believe. It is only used for the copier and the fiery to communicate. Take the fiery's IP address for example if it is 192.168.1.149 then your copiers IP will be one number higher. In the example it will be 192.168.1.150. Both must have consecutive IP addresses. The fiery assigns the copiers IP. Printing a config page from the fiery should show this as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How are you wiring the machine network-wise?? There are two ways to network these machines.

I believe the method outlined above is relegated to only one of two methods of networking (e.g., using a crossover cable from the fiery to the copier) versus the more optimal network path (i.e., a gigabit connection). Regarding the later, I don't believe the IP address matters much.

Feel free to fire me if I am wrong....

Mr Spock
08-14-2013, 11:34 PM
How are you wiring the machine network-wise?? There are two ways to network these machines.

I believe the method outlined above is relegated to only one of two methods of networking (e.g., using a crossover cable from the fiery to the copier) versus the more optimal network path (i.e., a gigabit connection). Regarding the later, I don't believe the IP address matters much.

Feel free to fire me if I am wrong....

There are two "real world" setups for the fiery and the KM products.

First is one network connection which goes to fiery
This has the lower number of 2 consecutive ip address being used by fiery and the second used by the KM mfp.
The machine actually gets a 172..... and gateway address so it can talk to the fiery.
This is "preferred" as only one network drop is used and ip's are 1 off so it is easy to remember/find when needed.

The second requires 2 network drops.
You assign any ip to machine nic and another to the fiery. You need to go into fiery setup and turn off get machine ip address however.
This is less preferred as you will need to know both ip's when trouble shooting. And some customers only have 1 drop near machine.

p.s. I believe the c450 has only 10/100 network card anyway.

Synaux
08-15-2013, 10:13 AM
There are two "real world" setups for the fiery and the KM products.

First is one network connection which goes to fiery
This has the lower number of 2 consecutive ip address being used by fiery and the second used by the KM mfp.
The machine actually gets a 172..... and gateway address so it can talk to the fiery.
This is "preferred" as only one network drop is used and ip's are 1 off so it is easy to remember/find when needed.

The second requires 2 network drops.
You assign any ip to machine nic and another to the fiery. You need to go into fiery setup and turn off get machine ip address however.
This is less preferred as you will need to know both ip's when trouble shooting. And some customers only have 1 drop near machine.

p.s. I believe the c450 has only 10/100 network card anyway.

You did a much better job decoding my original post than I thought I did :)

It seems I made two assumptions--I thought the OP was referring to a c451...Not to mention...
Is there even a Fiery installed?

I have to disagree and agree: having two drops on a known network is best. However If I get fired, the next tech will most likely appear profoundly naive at best...

Mr Spock
08-15-2013, 02:35 PM
You did a much better job decoding my original post than I thought I did :)

It seems I made two assumptions--I thought the OP was referring to a c451...Not to mention...
Is there even a Fiery installed?

I have to disagree and agree: having two drops on a known network is best. However If I get fired, the next tech will most likely appear profoundly naive at best...

The requester stated a fiery so I presume there is one installed.
With the two drop method it requires more documentation on ip addresses for the customer's IT department. And from my experience, the smaller the office the less IT experience and documentation there is. If there are no consecutive ip addresses available you have to use this method as they can be far apart for example, fiery is 102.168.1.100 and the machine could be 102.168.1.200. With out knowing or being able to find it (most IT think this is beneath them or not their responsibility), troubleshooting over the phone or remote login is hit or miss. And like I said most customers (smaller to midsized companies) only run one drop for a copier or printer. Then you either have to had a hub/switch near the machine or run an additional, costly, drop for the copier. The one drop option is usually easier to setup. one plug to wall, setup fiery with lower ip and then install drivers and done. Scanning is simply goto webpage of copier and plug info in.

Custom Search