PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C224e C2557 error code

Custom Search

lanierboy
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I have a C224e at a customer that suffers from C2557 after just one week,

so far i have only changed the black developing unit but this has not resolved the problem, before i start replacing boards etc has anyone had this before??

any help would be great.

phil

JustManuals
08-13-2013, 05:33 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

lordqpa
10-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I've got the same problem with 224e. After c2557 toner level is 0.5%. I did perform Manual Add Toner. Toner level were 6% but it's were for a while. After few 100s pages problem return. Any sugestions. Developing unit exchanged. Manual toner adding works fine.

lanierboy
10-03-2014, 12:31 PM

We work on olivetti product and there is now a bulletin of a known problem and fix, if you are a KM dealer the info is the same and the part number for the bushing is A5C1RA0000

TOSKO
05-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Just wondering what the outcome was if you did find one. I have one doing exactly the same thing and i have replaced the toner hopper supply unit at the front of the mach and am going to change the complete toner bottle drive assy at the rear.

AjitN
05-06-2015, 04:13 AM
hi
I have faced this problem in 4-5 machines.
First remove the catch tray and do manual tone up for black & see if toner bottle is rotating correctly.
Next remove toner hopper and check black toner section for damage gears or jammed gear system (Remove toner dispensing motor which is only for black)
refit toner hopper correctly, in all the cases refitting of toner hopper solved the problem.
Good luck & hope this solves the problem

TOSKO
05-06-2015, 08:57 AM
AkitN thanks for your help. My first step i replaced black dev, then i reseated the toner hopper assy, then i replaced the hopper assy. I have opened up the cover and when i do a forced toner black it recovers to about 6.4 give take. We also had another mach which did the same and all we did was reseat the hopper. But this one didnt fix with this fix. Next step is toner drive assy at rear cause on two occassions the drive prong for black was not engaging the black toner bottle

Toby T
05-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Hi,

Have you tried hovering out the belt and all the drum units?

There is a sensor behind the belt that on the actual machine that will require cleaning aswell.

May take more than one go, just stick with it.

Good luck

Toby

EarthKmTech
05-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Toner level sensor float actuator in the hopper pops off the plastic post it pivots on at the back inside of the hopper.

Hopper will never refill when empty, TCR will go till 0% then error.

Later version hoppers allegedly revised, however, this is one i changed a month ago.

Joke of a design, same shit happens to all 4 colors on all 4 series - 224 - c554E

Easily corrected with a thin hook.

Always check before installation of a new hopper, can dislodge in transit.

TOSKO
05-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Toner level sensor float actuator in the hopper pops off the plastic post it pivots on at the back inside of the hopper.Hopper will never refill when empty, TCR will go till 0% then error.Later version hoppers allegedly revised, however, this is one i changed a month ago.Joke of a design, same shit happens to all 4 colors on all 4 series - 224 - c554EEasily corrected with a thin hook.29073Always check before installation of a new hopper, can dislodge in transit.I have replaced the whole sub hopper assy at the front of the machine but just assumed it would be ok as it was new. I will have to check it out next visit as its still not working right. You dont happen to have any other pics or a part number of the failed part?

progoffice
02-12-2019, 10:51 PM
I'm having a similar reoccurring C2557 issue on a Konica Minolta C458. The customer accidentally popped off the shutter on the black toner before replacing it and the issues have snowballed since then. We easily diagnosed the toner bottle issue and simply reinstalled the toner shutter and force toned the machine to address the initial 2557 code. A few days latter the code came back. I took the machine apart and removed the hopper to inspect it. All of the gears were turning freely. After reinstalling the hopper, I forced toned the machine again and watched the toner bottles turn and the black toner motor run successfully. Code came back so I replaced the DV thinking that the TCR sensor was acting up. Code came back.

Everything works, but the machine has to be told to add black toner. It won't do it on its own and eventually triggers the C2557 code. Today, after code triggered again I inspected the toner float mechanism as mentioned on this post. Float was attached to the post but I knocked it off trying to test it's movement. I removed the hopper again and repositioned the plug that the float mounts on and confirmed proper up and down motion. I can see how this system is supposed to work now, but I have no idea why it's not working? Maybe the sensor that is used to read the position of the float is bad? Anyway, we've ordered a whole hopper assembly. If that doesn't fix it I don't know what will.

Any thoughts???

Phil B.
02-12-2019, 10:54 PM
I'm having a similar reoccurring C2557 issue on a Konica Minolta C458. The customer accidentally popped off the shutter on the black toner before replacing it and the issues have snowballed since then. We easily diagnosed the toner bottle issue and simply reinstalled the toner shutter and force toned the machine to address the initial 2557 code. A few days latter the code came back. I took the machine apart and removed the hopper to inspect it. All of the gears were turning freely. After reinstalling the hopper, I forced toned the machine again and watched the toner bottles turn and the black toner motor run successfully. Code came back so I replaced the DV thinking that the TCR sensor was acting up. Code came back.

Everything works, but the machine has to be told to add black toner. It won't do it on its own and eventually triggers the C2557 code. Today, after code triggered again I inspected the toner float mechanism as mentioned on this post. Float was attached to the post but I knocked it off trying to test it's movement. I removed the hopper again and repositioned the plug that the float mounts on and confirmed proper up and down motion. I can see how this system is supposed to work now, but I have no idea why it's not working? Maybe the sensor that is used to read the position of the float is bad? Anyway, we've ordered a whole hopper assembly. If that doesn't fix it I don't know what will.

Any thoughts???

not after 4 years in the dead files no

progoffice
02-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Well the mechanical design of this toner supply system hasn't changed much, so problems then could be problems now. I can post as a new thread and simply reference this one if that makes it more relevant?

Alex1
05-28-2020, 03:17 PM

Any thoughts???

Hi, did you end up resolving this issue? As I have the exact same problem. I've been out twice to this exact problem. I'm assuming it's the float sensor gone bad too.

Custom Search