PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 250 can not perform f-8

Custom Search

DOE
08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
hi i have a bizhub 250 that i first reset drum and developer count, replaced drum blade and developer then tried to do f-8 but when i got to screen with FUNCTION button it just beeps when you press it. same with button below it but rest of them work fine. copier still worked for a couple days then the 2557 code was back. any ideas why the function button wont let me into the f-8 screen. thanks

JustManuals
08-13-2013, 08:48 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

CompyTech
08-13-2013, 09:27 PM
hi i have a bizhub 250 that i first reset drum and developer count, replaced drum blade and developer then tried to do f-8 but when i got to screen with FUNCTION button it just beeps when you press it. same with button below it but rest of them work fine. copier still worked for a couple days then the 2557 code was back. any ideas why the function button wont let me into the f-8 screen. thanks

This is what I do and it works every time.
1.Fully power off machine, open right side door.
2.Power on with door open. Go in tech rep mode. Clear drum and dv life counters.
3.Close door, back out of counter section, then go to F-8 mode and hit the start key(button should turn green by that point)..

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Hansoon
08-13-2013, 09:44 PM
.....and also don't forget to switch the machine off with the fat main switch at the rear of the machine instead of the control panel switch after clearing of all the counters.
Check if all counters are set at "0" otherwise repeat the procedure.

Hans

wseyller
08-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah just because you clear the counters doesn't mean they are really cleared. I will turn off main switch and turn back on to see if they are still clear to make sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kingarthur
08-14-2013, 10:45 AM
This is going to sound really stupid, but I have had some m/c's do that if the doc feed wasn't in the down position.....got no idea why

EarthKmTech
08-14-2013, 11:03 AM
This is going to sound really stupid, but I have had some m/c's do that if the doc feed wasn't in the down position.....got no idea why

yep. some machines find any excuse not to cooperate.

I've had this too - and i usually build the imaging unit on top of the scanner with the document feeder open, only some machines really don't like it, others don't care. Must be a firmware thing.

DOE
08-14-2013, 03:00 PM
I am now getting a C255C Code any clues ? I cleaned the sensor in developer unit.

copier addict
08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Try a new dev unit or replace the ATDC sensor.

DOE
08-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Replaced developer unit, still get the same code. Ordered the developer from Percission they sent me the Di Could it be a different amount of developer?

CompyTech
08-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Could be bad DV.. I've never worked on the Di so I don't know if they're the same.. I know some of the parts will fit it. The code says replace ATDC sensor, run F8. But you'll probably have to load new DV into the unit. Worst case, you got a bad board. :(

krm
08-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Could be bad DV.. I've never worked on the Di so I don't know if they're the same.. I know some of the parts will fit it. The code says replace ATDC sensor, run F8. But you'll probably have to load new DV into the unit. Worst case, you got a bad board. :(

The Di series developer will not work with the Bh250 machine. I put the Di 2010 developer in a machine once by accident/brain fart and it coded out. You must use the dv311 developer. Just had this code the other day because the Pc counter did not reset for some reason. Use the correct developer and run that reset procedure outlined above and you should be good. The f-8 is flukey with this machine.

DOE
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
it did turn out to be konica dv310 developer i used which is rightfor the 250. i replaced drum, blade, dev. then tried a different dev. unit and still get c2557 or c255c. i was able to get into f-8 finally by leaving side door open while i cleared the counts. i have double checked the counters and they say 0. usually when i mix dev in these machines you hear clicking noises and such for a while but not this one. runs smooth from beginning. tried even adding some more dev. to unit in case not enough still same results. the copier had a c2557 code when i first went

Hansoon
08-14-2013, 06:42 PM
:confused: :confused:

Hans

Lynn56
08-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Go in to service mode and set the ATDC sensor gain up about 20 from what it is now.

copier addict
08-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Sounds like the MFBS board. Replace it from a scrap machine. Don't forget to swap the NVRam.

eg101
08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Replaced developer unit, still get the same code. Ordered the developer from Percission they sent me the Di Could it be a different amount of developer?

Yes, t
the DI 2010 series uses a smaller package of
developer than the Biz 250 series.

Hansoon
08-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Yes, t
the DI 2010 series uses a smaller package of
developer than the Biz 250 series.

Not only that, but it is also a very different incompatible type of developer.

Hans

Blizzoo
08-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Hi there,
My first post and hope that helps.
The C2557 could appear when the Imaging Unit have a poor cupling with de drive gear/broken gears and the develper is not mixed well then the ATDC sensor fails.

copierguru
08-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Had this issue once. Drive me nuts for almost 2 days. Check the toner supply solenoid. They stuck sometimes and this will cause the c2557 and 255c codes. Also you will probably need to replace your dv again.

DOE
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
replaced the gear pack that has toner solenoid it and now i am getting a c2211 code. sounds like a problem with gear that drives it. humming noise and gears do not turn. was getting a c2557 but after trying it a couple times its changes to a c2211. replaces toner solenoid because you didnt hear any toner adding during f-8 so it made sense. could the line that is on a spring for side door get tangled in that area as it does run by gears that drive dev. unit. doesnt seam to be caught on anything but i did have it off to get to toner solenoid.

copier addict
08-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Toner does not add during an F-8. It is reading new dev with the proper T/C ratio.
C-2211 is IU motor failure to turn. Check the motor connector, and check to see if the dev unit is binding.
Hope this helps.

Custom Search