PDA

View Full Version : Riso RP3700 master wrinkling on drum

Custom Search

lberlen
02-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi Gang,

I have a Riso RP3700 that has a master making problem. 95% of the masters are wrinkled on the bottom left hand corner of the drum. Does any know how to adjust. I was wondering if there is a Master reset code .

Thanks
Larry

techathens
02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi Gang,

I have a Riso RP3700 that has a master making problem. 95% of the masters are wrinkled on the bottom left hand corner of the drum. Does any know how to adjust. I was wondering if there is a Master reset code .

Thanks
Larry
There are several mechanical issues that could cause this - a worn or uneven write roller; warped Thermal Print Head (rare); obstruction in the master making / loading assemblies; problem with the mylar in the master loading assembly (bur, cracked, etc); or a problem with the master loading assembly itself (bent, etc).

There is no reset code for the master making assembly - unfortunately the RP series does not have the all purpose reset codes as do the RC, RA, GR, TR, CR, FR lines - the newer RISOs RN, RP, RZ, MZ, V8 for some reason removed the 90, 97, and 98 type resets - probably has something to do with going from an EPROM system to flash ROM.

good luck

Custom Search