PDA

View Full Version : Anyway for a Konica to host its own scan folder?

Custom Search

fishleg
08-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi,
Is it possible for the photocopier to share a folder stored on its harddrive with out the use of software like pagescope box operator?

Even if you could allow ftp access to the harddrive that would be useful. Most other brands actually host there own scan folder via cifs or smb with the need for any external setup.

Cheers,
Mike

EarthKmTech
08-13-2013, 11:46 PM
the older machines absolutely don't support this functionality, I ran into this problem when replacing Toshiba machines..

I seem to recall something being mentioned about it in the training material for the current crop of machines though. Not sure.

copierguru
08-14-2013, 12:13 AM
User box

emujo
08-14-2013, 01:32 PM
That unsecured, shared folder on the Toshiba products was great!!! SMB scanning with no setup issues, however from a security standpoint, HUGE GAPING HOLE!!!. KM can't get the EAL security seal of approval with this so it was never incorporated into their devices. BTW, "User Boxes"??? Ever watch a users eyes glaze over when you show them the 6 step process to scan and retrieve their docs. Real time, or HDD TWAIN might be a better answer if SMB is not feasible. Emujo

fishleg
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Is anything secure really when it comes to scanning... User boxes are pretty much the same thing just you need software to access the scans doesnt really make it any more secure.

Its up to the customer to make sure there network etc is secure thats not a photocopier problem to me. I just want easy scanning :P I guess 99% of customers would want the same unless its confidential information but user boxes are crap lol. Cant understand why they cant just get shot of pagescope box op and just have customizable folders on the machine password protected folders for each user etc.

My order of preference when setting up scanning...
SMB>EMAIL>FTP>USER BOX thats how crap it is I gotta be having one crappy day to resort to user boxes.

copierguru
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Sorry must have misunderstood what you where saying. Obliously ou would eat to use DMV or email first. FTP is junk know one uses it. And also with user. Ix you can have individual folders with different passwords I rarely use them

Custom Search