PDA

View Full Version : C224 Word issue

Custom Search

Jnr
08-14-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm having an issue with a machine ignoring tray setting, Done a firmware upgrade, the driver is up to date.

windows 7, Office 2013. PAIN in the ASS!!

Sometimes it will work for a spell of 30mins then it starts to ignore the settings again:mad:

Anyone came across this before?

Yes it may be an IT issue but need to get it sorted.

EarthKmTech
08-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Word documents have the ability to have tray selections saved into the document - its in page setup of the document. Ensure its not been tampered with.

It will override any settings made to the printer driver by way of tray settings, it takes priority.

emujo
08-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Agree with "earth". Try changing the word doc to a PDF and see if the problems are still there. Emujo

Jnr
08-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Word documents have the ability to have tray selections saved into the document - its in page setup of the document. Ensure its not been tampered with.

It will override any settings made to the printer driver by way of tray settings, it takes priority.

Yeah looked into that and set up new documents still same issue

emujo
08-14-2013, 01:11 PM
What, exactly, are the issues?

habik
08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah looked into that and set up new documents still same issue

When printing from Word use AUTO Paper Selection within Printer Driver (Advanced Tab) on Printing Defaults!!

In Word > Add the Page setup short cut to the Word application (little drop down arrow on the very top bar)

Each new document will have the new Print Defaults settings

Any OLD documents you may have to check for Printing Properties (and select AUTO on paper tray selection) and also the actual page setup. then SAVE IT! As it word is saving every document with individual settings :P (trick of MS Office)

That's all.

Do not mix paper selections on Driver and Application as it is always a mess. a.e Driver Tray 1 and Application Tray1 page setup AUTO
I know it seems logical but trust me, it is not :). It was giving me a headache too !

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Custom Search