PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub 501 Very Light Copies/Prints

Custom Search

WRZNE
08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
This machine has a new drum, developer, and CCD. The only thing I have not changed is the actual developing unit. The customer commonly prints pages of text with a small picture in the corner (real estate). Copies come out very light regardless of settings. Higher density settings make no changes that I can see. After around 200 copies the quality has gone down to printing voids as well as being light in a pattern I can only describe as splotchy.

I'm a fairly new copier tech and I'm at a loss, I also took another tech with me to look at it who has 12 years of experience he has no idea either. It is my hope that one of you will be able to tell me the cause.

emujo
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Did you run the TCR adjustment after the drum/dev change? Did you look at the toner ratios at the beginning and when CQ started dropping, can you see the toner bottle spinning occasionally when running copies? Are there any messages or codes popping? Let us know. Emujo

Luther
08-14-2013, 01:15 PM
check the developer gears and the sensor located under the drum, it may have toner or drum setting powder on it

JR2ALTA
08-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Transfer corona unit. Replace or clean wire with eraser

CompyTech
08-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Make sure all coronas are clean. Make sure all proper adjustments are made after doing PM/ changing developer etc. Run a toner auto supply. There may not be enough toner getting to the DV unit. You could have a clogged Toner supply unit.

WRZNE
08-14-2013, 06:04 PM
It is fixed the gears were worn down on the developing unit swapping in a new one did the trick! Thanks for the assistance I would have been stuck there all day again.

Custom Search