PDA

View Full Version : C253 DF611 when testing RADF in Service Mode machine freezing when it jams

Custom Search

habik
08-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Did Modification of the paper lift motor plate KM bulletin
Did Modification of the paper lift plate top up as per Mercutio Norway
Did Modification as per Emujo rear screws removal

Have New tyres, other rollers and Sensors plus black pads are pristine clean, when loaded full to top machine jams half way usually with 6603.

When doing ADF paper passage test single or double in Service mode the machine freezes when above 6603 jam occurs.Tried different doc feeder same issue. Reboot required each time.

Reloaded with R6 firmware. Same thing.

Dusted all boards, power supply as it came from building site.

Jams in ADF usually half way through the Full load.

Any suggestions??

EarthKmTech
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Is the document feeder jamming because of the machine crashing or is the machine crashing because of the document feeder jamming - very important to determin the real problem here.

If you are getting the exact same problem from 2 document feeders and you know the other one is OK, i dont think the problem will be with the document feeder at all ;)

I once had a "jamming" document feeder on a C203 which was actually the machine crashing, it ended up being the NVRAM as the mfp board and ram never solved it.

Good luck on your journey.

habik
08-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Is the document feeder jamming because of the machine crashing or is the machine crashing because of the document feeder jamming - very important to determin the real problem here.

If you are getting the exact same problem from 2 document feeders and you know the other one is OK, i dont think the problem will be with the document feeder at all ;)

I once had a "jamming" document feeder on a C203 which was actually the machine crashing, it ended up being the NVRAM as the mfp board and ram never solved it.

Good luck on your journey.

TOP MAN!!!!

Yes, forgot to mention, it is doing it with 2 different DF's... so Yes... machine crashing because of Jamm in DF although I 've tred 2 different ones.! ONLY IN SERVICE MODE however!!

Thanks for the heads up!! If that will be the case I don't really fancy driving 380 miles one way to change any boards or similar... so I am thinkging of NV RAM recovery and see what happens next!

Custom Search