PDA

View Full Version : Paper ends up upsidedown under duplxer.

Custom Search

Tata
08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I am working on a Konica/Monolta bizhb 600 and it is jamming (code C1702) and the paper ends up past the invertion upsidedown under the duplexer. The copy went past the fuser and it kept going. Here comes the twist, because it only does it from tray 1. I have replaced paper feed unit, horizontal coveyance, bypass and fuser unit. besides replacing the copier what else can I do? Thanks.

NRTech
08-14-2013, 07:49 PM
ignore the paper under the duplex, this is coincidental. I had this once, you'll find it's either the one way gear cluster at the rear right corner of the machine, accessible by removing the bypass assembly, you'll see a cluster of 3 or 4 white gears with a belt drive, dissemble this and clean the clutches and shafts, takes about 15 mins, or more likely one of the clutches in the vertical feed assembly is slipping. remove all of the covers on the right hand side of the machine and remove the vertical feed assembly (with lower right hand door) about 12 screws, once out, clean the rollers and clean/replace/swap the uppermost clutch. that sorted it on my one, but the paper under the duplex kept me going around in circles for hours!

Tata
08-14-2013, 09:41 PM
ignore the paper under the duplex, this is coincidental. I had this once, you'll find it's either the one way gear cluster at the rear right corner of the machine, accessible by removing the bypass assembly, you'll see a cluster of 3 or 4 white gears with a belt drive, dissemble this and clean the clutches and shafts, takes about 15 mins, or more likely one of the clutches in the vertical feed assembly is slipping. remove all of the covers on the right hand side of the machine and remove the vertical feed assembly (with lower right hand door) about 12 screws, once out, clean the rollers and clean/replace/swap the uppermost clutch. that sorted it on my one, but the paper under the duplex kept me going around in circles for hours!
Thanks NRTech but when I replaced the bypass unit I cleaned the gear cluster specially the 1 one way gear. I haven't tried the vertical feed ass'y. but remember it does not jam everytime but every time it jams the paper is under the duplexer unit. Also it's been thru the fuser. I'll keep you informed if it worked. Thanks.

minimerlin
08-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I am working on a Konica/Monolta bizhb 600 and it is jamming (code C1702) and the paper ends up past the invertion upsidedown under the duplexer. The copy went past the fuser and it kept going. Here comes the twist, because it only does it from tray 1. I have replaced paper feed unit, horizontal coveyance, bypass and fuser unit. besides replacing the copier what else can I do? Thanks.Have you tried "face up or down" output copies to see what happens?

CompyTech
08-14-2013, 10:28 PM
I had thise problem once. I never could find the face down or face up mode. But the problem ended up being some mylar inside the turn over unit was chewed up.

Tata
08-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Have you tried "face up or down" output copies to see what happens?

Face up works. Only when is copying face down that I have the problem. 2 of ten copies would jam.

Tata
08-15-2013, 12:25 AM
I had thise problem once. I never could find the face down or face up mode. But the problem ended up being some mylar inside the turn over unit was chewed up.

I checked the mylar in the invertion unit, it was OK. I had the problem with the mylar a couple of times but when the mylar is ripped it would jam rigth there, at the mylar. This thing moves the paper past the guide and lands underneath the duplex. Thanks for your input.

krm
08-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Make sure to clean the one way bearings in the drive assembly on front of fuser area. Also, that foam anti-curl roller causes jams when it wears out. Good for about 500K. It's part of the fuser.

RRodgers
08-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Just had this on a 7165, turned out to be the ADU board.

copier addict
08-15-2013, 04:38 AM
It is either one of the sensors above the transport section above the 2nd tray, or it is one of the clutches that drives the rollers in that transport section.
Hope this helps

Custom Search