PDA

View Full Version : C35 "Wrong HDD fitted"

Custom Search

minimerlin
08-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Got a weird fault with this Bizhub C35. Takes a long time to come to ready, seems to hang on the KM screen then when ready to copy/scan/print/fax all modes of which work, you get the message "wrong hdd fitted" along with a further message to format the drive! take out the HDD and machine comes straight up as normal but obviously does not carry out any functions! I am somewhat confused as to how the unit can work normally after showing the error. Going to drop in another HDD and reload firmware asap but was wondering if anyone has had this problem? Nowhere in tech mode can I find any way of formatting the drive...or am I blind? :confused:

JSC
08-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Got a weird fault with this Bizhub C35. Takes a long time to come to ready, seems to hang on the KM screen then when ready to copy/scan/print/fax all modes of which work, you get the message "wrong hdd fitted" along with a further message to format the drive! take out the HDD and machine comes straight up as normal but obviously does not carry out any functions! I am somewhat confused as to how the unit can work normally after showing the error. Going to drop in another HDD and reload firmware asap but was wondering if anyone has had this problem? Nowhere in tech mode can I find any way of formatting the drive...or am I blind? :confused:

What a pile of shit those machines are. To format the hard drive from memory you have to go into fax settings, then fax file settings, then you carry out a ssd format....It's in the dealer enhancement PDF somewhere. I'll dig it out and post it if you need it.

let me know if you ever get one of these to feed more than a dozen sheets before it jams.

ps.

good 2nd goal by your boys tonight..

CompyTech
08-14-2013, 10:17 PM
What a pile of shit those machines are. To format the hard drive from memory you have to go into fax settings, then fax file settings, then you carry out a ssd format....It's in the dealer enhancement PDF somewhere. I'll dig it out and post it if you need it.

let me know if you ever get one of these to feed more than a dozen sheets before it jams.

ps.

good 2nd goal by your boys tonight..

Good to know. Thanks.

When ever these things jam I check the little metal guide plate under the feed roller in the tray. Usually it will slide out of position, even slightly will cause jams some how. I've got one working without the plate just fine. :/

Lol My boss and me were discussing a sale of one(last one in inventory) to a low vol cust. close by. I told him we keep our enemies close by don't we.. ;)

EarthKmTech
08-14-2013, 11:42 PM
the hdd is an optional accessory here and not included with the machine, almost none of ours have ever been fitted with hdd's.

one customer purchased a showroom machine and it accidentally got delivered with the hdd and I was asked to go remove it. I did so and the machine didnt care at all - the config page then reported the hdd wasnt present and theres never been any issues with the machine ever since.

Custom Search