PDA

View Full Version : C 2553 on bizhub C454e

Custom Search

SAR
08-15-2013, 07:37 PM
I know it's related to the Magenta TCR being low. So far I have removed and shaken the toner cartridge, vacuumed out the toner hopper(it refilled after I installed the cartridge) and swapped the drum out. Also, the op panel indicator is showing the Magenta toner is almost empty, but it's a brand new full toner cartridge.
I haven't had much experience with this model yet, so any help would be much appreciated.

B0265
08-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Had C-2557 on a C284 this week. We changed the black developing unit today, I will let you know if it helped.

JustManuals
08-16-2013, 03:57 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

SAR
08-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks B0265, I have a dev unit on order for this one too. Let me know about yours!

B0265
08-22-2013, 02:42 PM
The C-2557 returned today. We found that this problem appears the do larger print jobs, just like the toner is fed to slow to the dev. unit.

Konicoz
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Make sure the toner supply areas are not blocked and if the dev unit is actually turning. if its feeding too slow - have you tried force toner feed to see if the toner actually gets to the dev unit

emujo
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM
There is new bulletin dealing with this, and C2557,2555, and 2551 toner density low errors. Has to do with a bad toner seal and is under the FOC program. Emujo

tech51
12-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Had a c454 do this. It turned out that the auger that carries the toner from the hopper to the dev unit entrance was blocked. Everything was rotating, no funny noises, but the pipe was blocked almost solid so no toner could travel through. Strip out the hopper and make sure the pipes are not clogged. It's not as bad as it sounds as long as you have a good vacuum cleaner!

blackcat4866
12-10-2014, 01:54 AM
My problem was C2551, but the cause might be applicable.

My customer prints 4 page stapled booklets on ledger. The outer cover of the booklet (pages 1 and 4) is printed in their trademark color, covered 100%, and the specific color includes 100% cyan fill (100/50/12/24). After three booklets the cyan developing unit is sucked dry/empty. If you do a stabilization and gradation the image quality and toner density comes right back, but who wants to do a gradation and stabilization every 4 booklets?

In the Image Processing tab you can increase the cyan toner density of the developer by 1/2% increments, i.e.: 6.5% = 0, 7.0% = +1, 7.5% = +2, 8.0% = +3. I'm up to +2 on the cyan, and we haven't seen any codes in a while. Another deceptive symptom of the low developer density is "An internal error has occurred ... " which clears after 10 seconds.

I know the machine will run dirtier, but I don't really see any other option. What is you customers trademark color? =^..^=

Laserbeam
02-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Hello,

today I had C-2553 on bizhub C224e! The reason was an empty toner bottle (magenta).
Unfortunately there were no "Near to empty"-message or "Emty message" which normaly stops printing/copying in the display. The machine runs until the error-message C-2553 occurs and TCR-M level = 0,99%
After replacing the empty magenta-bottle to an new one and performing "Manual Toner supply Magenta", TCR-M level is about 6,5% (normal value).
All other 3 colors show the "Near to empty" or later a "Toner empty" message and the machine stops, except by magenta.
A short time ago, the hopper-unit was replaced because other C-255X messages are displayed.

The funny thing is that the maschine with a new magenta-tonerbottle works normally without an error message C-2553 until the bottle is empty!!! Logically all components (tonerbottle-rotation, toner-supply to the hopper-unit and toner-supply to the developing-unit) are working normally!!! But why does magenta show no "Toner empty" message????

any ideas?

allan
02-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Argg this it the same problem as with the C360's. Did not have this on the new ones yet. Even with low coverage printing PDF mailing letter runs with like 3 pages messes up a C360. It just dont add enough toner and it does not seem to be a physical problem as replacing the hopper unit does not solve the problem. After the C2557 you can tone back manually and print full coverage halftones as many as you like.

I thought getting rid of the magnet/reed switch combo that the problem would be gone!

Issac-brock
02-24-2015, 02:25 PM
There is new bulletin dealing with this, and C2557,2555, and 2551 toner density low errors. Has to do with a bad toner seal and is under the FOC program. Emujo

This will fix it. The seals leak internally from my experience. Remove it and you will see a lot of toner packed into the end past the v seal. The bulletin fooled me into looking for toner spilling out of the end so I dismissed it and replaced the dev unit. Luckily I ordered the seals anyway. Too bad I tossed out the dev unit before realizing the problem was not gone.

Replace the seals.

Colin

Synaux
02-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Hello,

today I had C-2553 on bizhub C224e! The reason was an empty toner bottle (magenta).
Unfortunately there were no "Near to empty"-message or "Emty message" which normaly stops printing/copying in the display. The machine runs until the error-message C-2553 occurs and TCR-M level = 0,99%
After replacing the empty magenta-bottle to an new one and performing "Manual Toner supply Magenta", TCR-M level is about 6,5% (normal value).
All other 3 colors show the "Near to empty" or later a "Toner empty" message and the machine stops, except by magenta.
A short time ago, the hopper-unit was replaced because other C-255X messages are displayed.

The funny thing is that the maschine with a new magenta-tonerbottle works normally without an error message C-2553 until the bottle is empty!!! Logically all components (tonerbottle-rotation, toner-supply to the hopper-unit and toner-supply to the developing-unit) are working normally!!! But why does magenta show no "Toner empty" message????

any ideas?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/96771-c224e-show-no-toner-empty-message-shes-running-until-c-2553-occurs.html?highlight=

Why do people do this...and what the heck is a maschine?

Custom Search