PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent voids on C350

Custom Search

laserman06
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a C350 that will intermittently give me a void. It usually only does it on 11 x 17. The problem first appeared two months ago. After replacing all IU's and Transfer belt, Transfer roller the problem went away. I just received a call that it is doing it again. :mad:

When it does it the void is always the same size,(about 1/3 of the page). My customer makes booklets and it may only do it on one page very few books. Or sometimes it happens every book. :confused:

Going to look at it in the morning will give more details when I get them.

Thanks in advance.

Haroldbfix
02-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Are the voids lead to trail or front to rear?

laserman06
02-20-2008, 04:05 AM
They are both front to rear and lead to trail. What I mean is that 1/3 of the page is blank. If I remember right, the blank section was always on the trail edge. I will double check when I get to the machine. I just wish that it would do it constantly. Might be easier to fix.

dudley
02-21-2008, 01:41 AM
I know this will sound strange but here goes, clean all the ground path from your paper dust collector(little clip on the front of the paper dust unit). Clean all the sync bushings, ground clips(both the ones to the sync roller bushings and the contact under the transfer assembly with the green ground. Static from the paper dust remover can zap the LED board stopping the copy process. On a 11x17 copy you will get an image with a band of normal copy then a band of cmy, then a band of ym then just yellow, next copy may be just fine.

I had three machines doing it 2 years ago, spent about 80 hrs on one of them and sent it down to Calgary board repair and the boys down there spent about 100 hrs on it and finally came up with this cure. Have had another 2 C350's do it in the last couple of months and this fixed them up.

laserman06
02-23-2008, 04:15 AM
I know this will sound strange but here goes, clean all the ground path from your paper dust collector(little clip on the front of the paper dust unit). Clean all the sync bushings, ground clips(both the ones to the sync roller bushings and the contact under the transfer assembly with the green ground. Static from the paper dust remover can zap the LED board stopping the copy process. On a 11x17 copy you will get an image with a band of normal copy then a band of cmy, then a band of ym then just yellow, next copy may be just fine.

I had three machines doing it 2 years ago, spent about 80 hrs on one of them and sent it down to Calgary board repair and the boys down there spent about 100 hrs on it and finally came up with this cure. Have had another 2 C350's do it in the last couple of months and this fixed them up.

Thanks, Dudley. Machine seems to be doing ok, after I did what you said.:)

Haroldbfix
02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info. We have one that was called in that has this issue.

laserman06
03-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Machine is still doing great. Just went back to it today and the customer has not had any more voids.:)

mitchl
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Geez did every C350 in the world do this all at once? I posted a thread a week or so back about pretty much the same thing and yes it was a grounding problem in the transfer, reg roller area.
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/8535-c-350-void-area.html

Custom Search