PDA

View Full Version : Citrix dropping User box settings in driver

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I have a problem with a user running a C754 driver in a Citrix environment.

Every time a user logs into Citrix session they need to manually go to driver and set its output option to Userbox as it keeps defaulting back to PRINT

I think it just pulls the servers driver config each time and obviously driver on server has output option on the default of PRINT.

Has anyone come across this.

I dont think the issue is specific to a C754 i get the feeling its more the way Citrix is dealing with print driver.

Im not familiar with Citrix and how it rolls out printers so im bit lost.

PS: the non Citrix based sessions printer installed via server and these work fine and dont drop userbox settings at all

Brett GS
08-21-2013, 03:26 PM
had an issue when setting up account tracking on the citrix terminals,once the users log off and bavk on it loses the account track settings on the driver,would also like to see if anyone else has a solution.

rrrohan
08-21-2013, 03:40 PM
had an issue when setting up account tracking on the citrix terminals,once the users log off and bavk on it loses the account track settings on the driver,would also like to see if anyone else has a solution.

yeah basically same issue im having. it just replicates what ever driver configs server has. i tried giving the server some credentials and sure enough when somone logged into a Citrix session it pulled those same credentials as server.

Im starting to think its a limitation of Citrix and the way it handles printing.

I need to establish if its a limitation of Citrix so I can stop going around in circles getting no where or if there is a setting on Citrix itself that will fix this.

Problem is ive never touched Citrix server and have no clue as to how it deals with rolling out printers to client machines and all I get from customers IT guy is "we have tried everything" lol so no help there. the old palming it off routine unfortunately

kingarthur
08-21-2013, 05:00 PM
we had a similar problem once, the wrong drivers had been load, if i remember the IT had used the generic drivers that came with windows, when you check your printer properties, do you see a picture of a general printer or a picture of the C754, you need to see the picture of the C754, download the drivers from the KM website...

rrrohan
08-22-2013, 12:30 AM
we had a similar problem once, the wrong drivers had been load, if i remember the IT had used the generic drivers that came with windows, when you check your printer properties, do you see a picture of a general printer or a picture of the C754, you need to see the picture of the C754, download the drivers from the KM website...

well i gave specific instructions to NOT install generics and gave him latest driver. they report that they installed them but you know IT guys are constantly taking shortcuts so I will need to go onsite to check myself.

Is it possible to do a local style install on the Citrix clients? like create a TCP/IP port to copier and not do it from server?

kzeng
08-27-2013, 10:18 PM
I have found that most Citrix server managers are very hesitant to install device specific drivers on the Citrix server. They use the generics, and then these problems ensue. Would love to know if this would work correctly with the proper drivers installed, but I've never been able to get them to do it....Sorry i am not the only one!!

rrrohan
08-28-2013, 04:53 AM
I have found that most Citrix server managers are very hesitant to install device specific drivers on the Citrix server. They use the generics, and then these problems ensue. Would love to know if this would work correctly with the proper drivers installed, but I've never been able to get them to do it....Sorry i am not the only one!!
this customer used find me print so one generic driver. they pick the copier they want to collect print and log in. then this triggers paper cut software to send print. so many point of failure so frustrating to try and fix

Custom Search