PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Konica 7085 Black copies

Custom Search

jbauer@abcvpr.com
08-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I have a 7085 that was running great with about 4 million copies, but now after about 300 to 400 copies the page goes black to where you can still read the text but dark background. Sometimes you can turn on and run 3 to 4 hundred sometimes as soon as you fire it up it has black background. I'm guessing it is a voltage issue, but
I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

I have replaced drum, developer all wires. I doesn't throw any codes.

Luther
08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
restring the charge corona and replace the grid

jbauer@abcvpr.com
08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Thx Luther

I did a full PM. I mentioned drum and dev but forgot to mention wires and such. I have even tried swapping a corona from another 85.

JustManuals
08-22-2013, 02:18 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Mick01
08-27-2013, 05:06 AM
Hi,
I think i have had this issue before. This is an old model so is testing my memory. Check and clean the drive shaft for the fur brush roller in the drum cleaning unit. If this shaft loses earth it can cause this problem. Remove the shaft assembly from the rear of the cleaning unit.
hope this helps

jbauer@abcvpr.com
08-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Hi,
I think i have had this issue before. This is an old model so is testing my memory. Check and clean the drive shaft for the fur brush roller in the drum cleaning unit. If this shaft loses earth it can cause this problem. Remove the shaft assembly from the rear of the cleaning unit.
hope this helps

thanks Mick I'll give it a try.

Mick01
08-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi,
I remembered another thing. I have had a faulty drum potential sensor cause this. There is a dip switch that can disable the sensor temporarily (or permanently if you dont want to replace). You have to run the auto charge adjustments when you disable. Unfortunately i cant give you the actual dip switch as i do not have the manual anymore. Hopefully you have the manual. If you dont let me know and i will do a bit of digging.

jbauer@abcvpr.com
07-22-2015, 08:20 PM
I have a 7085 that was running great with about 4 million copies, but now after about 300 to 400 copies the page goes black to where you can still read the text but dark background. Sometimes you can turn on and run 3 to 4 hundred sometimes as soon as you fire it up it has black background. I'm guessing it is a voltage issue, but
I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

I have replaced drum, developer all wires. I doesn't throw any codes.

I have found a fix not sure what it means. The drum I put in was a new di-850 drum which is a bright green color, I put a new minolta 750 drum in it and it has fixed the
background issue and that drum is a dull green color. Is there a setting in the machine for the different drum surfaces?

Thanks

Custom Search