PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452/Oce VL4522C Firmware question.

Custom Search

mitchl
08-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey all,
Anyone know if the VL4522C has Oce proprietary firmware or does it use the KM files and allow you to turn off the KM splash screen like they did on the VL3622C series? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rrrohan
08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
curious as why you would need to disable it

mitchl
08-22-2013, 04:01 PM
curious as why you would need to disable it
It was a machine marketed by Oce and manufactured by KM............. If you were Oce would you want a machine that shows the KM logo at start up? Probably not the firmware is actually referred to as generic fw. For years Oce and Imagistics before them had KM produce proprietary FW for their machine so you couldnt use the KM iu's, toners etc. in the Oce machines. They also did the same thing for Kyocera on a few ancient models, the only re-badge that was truly a KM machine were the NEC models, they even had KM serial number tags. In essence it was all about marketing nothing more.

rrrohan
08-23-2013, 01:31 AM
It was a machine marketed by Oce and manufactured by KM............. If you were Oce would you want a machine that shows the KM logo at start up? Probably not the firmware is actually referred to as generic fw. For years Oce and Imagistics before them had KM produce proprietary FW for their machine so you couldnt use the KM iu's, toners etc. in the Oce machines. They also did the same thing for Kyocera on a few ancient models, the only re-badge that was truly a KM machine were the NEC models, they even had KM serial number tags. In essence it was all about marketing nothing more.

just create a new bootup screen with oce logo

Shadow
08-23-2013, 01:40 AM
the Oce` VL series does in fact use the same Konica Minolta firm ware.
I believe that the soft switch you want is #10 bit 2 if I remember it correctly.

mitchl
08-23-2013, 03:49 PM
just create a new bootup screen with oce logo
Maybe this will explain it better if you try to put KM FW into say a Oce 3522 which is the same as a BHC353 you have effectively killed the machine due to NVRAM incompatibility so my original question was can you use KM FW in the OCE version of the C452............ Yesterday I had them take an IU and toner from a KM 552 and put it in the Oce VL4522C to see if it recognized the components and it did so KM didnt do proprietary Oce firmware on this mode or the 5522c/6522c.

***** Good Info********

Oce VL4522C/5522C/6522C uses the standard Bizhub C452/552/652 firmware, if you need to get the KM splash screen on its soft switch 10 or look it up on the KM tech site.

mitchl
08-23-2013, 03:52 PM
the Oce` VL series does in fact use the same Konica Minolta firm ware.
I believe that the soft switch you want is #10 bit 2 if I remember it correctly.
Thanks for the reply its hard to believe how hard it is to find this info....... I had them shove a KM IU and toner in the Oce 4522 yesterday and it recognized it so we figured it out the hard way, I would have done it sooner but the machine is not at our office. Again thank you!

kmcopytech
08-23-2013, 03:58 PM
How to change the Boot Up Screen

look att.............

mitchl
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM
How to change the Boot Up Screen

look att.............

Hopefully the next time a tech asks the same question I did, he stumbles across this thread, good info.

rrrohan
08-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Hopefully the next time a tech asks the same question I did, he stumbles across this thread, good info.

I change the bootup screen on all our machines. surprised some companies dont bother doing this

Custom Search