PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224 Fax Error

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
08-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Hi Copytechnet

I have recently installed a C224 with a Fax unit that replaced a C220 that was working fine. but when sending receiving and receiving it has problems.

Some times it will receive the fax but will come up with a communication error r11
Faxes sent are sometimes received at the other end but only 3/4 of the page and it will again come up with a communication error
sometimes it doesn't send altogether and comes up with a communication error

the fax is on its own line, although it is an old line in a very old building.

Any help much appreciated.

Max
08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Try a normal phone and see if you cam make and receive a phone call and also listen for any noise on the line.
There may be a region setting in the fax option ie Europe/Asia
Try with or without ECM setting if there is one.(error correction mode)

Mooseface2r
08-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Thanks for the suggestion

you can make and receive a call, it worked fine on the machine removed.
its set to the correct region
I will take a look at the ECM setting.

wseyller
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Try reinitializing to fax in service mode. This has help me before on a c284e with a similar issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

emujo
08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Double check your Marketing Area. By default it's set to Japan. If not changed to US it will cause all sorts of weird issues. Emujo

rrrohan
08-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Double check your Marketing Area. By default it's set to Japan. If not changed to US it will cause all sorts of weird issues. Emujo

in Australia we can send a fax and a PC at the local telephone exchange analyzers the line quality and sends you back a response.

id imagine America would have somthing similar.

That way you know if your line is at fault

Konicoz
08-25-2013, 01:39 PM
in Australia we can send a fax and a PC at the local telephone exchange analyzers the line quality and sends you back a response.

id imagine America would have somthing similar.

That way you know if your line is at fault

I use this all the time and you are probably experiencing TX / RX speed issues especially with old lines.
also check if it is a dedicated line, we have customers sharing lines and that is a real pain.

Mitch Barron
08-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Could also be an issue with the tansfer speed. In the service mode you can set them. Ask the telephone provider for the recommended settings. I am no longer sure where exactly the speed set is in service mode, but i know its in there. Hope this helps.

Good to be back.....sad holidays are over.....

rrrohan
08-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Could also be an issue with the tansfer speed. In the service mode you can set them. Ask the telephone provider for the recommended settings. I am no longer sure where exactly the speed set is in service mode, but i know its in there. Hope this helps.

Good to be back.....sad holidays are over.....

wish faxing would just hurry up and die off. i suggest digital fax services to clients that are still living in the past, the kinda that supply you a fax number and just forward any received faxes to you via email

Custom Search